SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pawn Shop gun finds
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pawn Shop gun finds Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I need to start going to pawn shops. I hear of people finding good guns and tools; probably more on the tools side. Either way, I need to start checking them out as I never do.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I need to start going to pawn shops. I hear of people finding good guns and tools; probably more on the tools side. Either way, I need to start checking them out as I never do.

I'm telling you, it's a waste of time.

They are all crooks.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Yep, today’s experiment was a bust. I had to try to settle my curiosity, it had been years since I’d looked in a Pawn Shop. This one even advertised about all the guns they had. Sad, pathetic little collection of what looked to be crime scene evidence. Only thing remotely desirable was a Berretta 21a, they wanted $399 for it. Eek

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I came across a beat to hell Remington 700 ADL in 30-06 at the pawnshop near my office when I worked for the newspaper. It was marked $250 and I offered him $200, plus he throw in a case. ( I was on my lunch break and didn't want to upset the liberals at the office)

I've hunted with it for close to 15 years and killed quite s few deer with it. It looks rough but I can hit a quarter at a hundred yards with it. That's plenty good for my deer hunting.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

I'm telling you, it's a waste of time.

They are all crooks.

I agree, but you can have fun with them. Offer them 1/3 and be persistent like they are......then try to get the stuff for half.......hehehehe

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I came across a beat to hell Remington 700 ADL in 30-06 at the pawnshop near my office when I worked for the newspaper. It was marked $250 and I offered him $200, plus he throw in a case. ( I was on my lunch break and didn't want to upset the liberals at the office)

I've hunted with it for close to 15 years and killed quite s few deer with it. It looks rough but I can hit a quarter at a hundred yards with it. That's plenty good for my deer hunting.

You know, I didn’t think of a Remington 700. I could drop it into a Magpul stock and have some fun with that. Maybe I should go back Razz

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ones near me are full of overpriced junk that looks like it had just been traded in by some gang banger. Anyways, there's one shop in an adjacent town that I used to go to when I was going through my revolver phase. They had some nice S&Ws and Colts, but they were also on the high side ($). They were always willing to negotiate the price, and bought a couple of Smiths from them after some haggling, but wouldn't call them deals.

Posts: 211 | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post