SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have You Ever Unintentionally Won An Auction?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have You Ever Unintentionally Won An Auction? Login/Join 
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Never have gotten anything beautiful like that but have lucked out on a few ebay sales over the years.

Most people assume that sellers spell the names of things they want to sell correctly and put them under the correct category. They often don't.
Plus, sometimes they put the wrong photo or may not have a photo at all.
If someone has decent feedback I'll chance a bid occasionally in this scenario.

Once got a $100 lifetime-warranted diving LED light for .99 cents and free shipping. Fellow put it in the wrong section and incorrectly spelled the name. The auction text said it didn't work, and the photo was dark and out of focus.
Never figured to win it on a $.99 bid.
What was really a yuck was to find out the batteries were in backwards...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bid on a pristine lever action 30-30. Something that I thought would go for double my price. Nope I won it, with no regrets!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post