Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Sessions Login/Join 
posted
What is this worthless US AG doing that warrants keeping him in his current position? He seems like a useless carbon based life form that needs to be fired. Put in Trey Gowdy or Rudy G and let the fireworks commence!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prairiefire:
Put in Trey Gowdy or Rudy G and let the fireworks commence!

You think it's as easy as that, do ya'? As if...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
All this running the country stuff is really easy from out here in the cheap seats. I mean gosh, we'd get it done yesterday. Smile

Its funny how when someone actually gets involved in something, they find out it is not quite as simple as they thought it was.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
While I don’t like him, and think he did a huge disservice to Trump by recusing himself, I do think he is behind the scene working at getting a case against Comey and the rest. It’s been especially quiet as of late from these bad actors, Comey is no where to be found, until recently he was hocking his crap book on anyone who would give him tv or a radio time. Give him a little more time, the IG report is do,out soon, and I think the Dems, and DOJ, FBI, and other 3 initial agency’s are shitting in their pants right now.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
All this running the country stuff is really easy from out here in the cheap seats. I mean gosh, we'd get it done yesterday. Smile

Its funny how when someone actually gets involved in something, they find out it is not quite as simple as they thought it was.

The bitchers and moaners display no appreciation whatever of the duties, responsibilities, powers and limitations of the office and therefore have no hope of intelligently criticizing the performance of the office holder, so the only way to interpret the comments is as frustration that wrong doers seem to be thumbing their nose at truth, justice and the American Way, crooks are getting away with it, etc.

As has been pointed out repeatedly as we have struggled with this disturbing situation, remember that the Watergate break in was in June, 1972, it was discovered immediately and the burglars promptly prosecuted. The planners and overseers took longer, and started jail sentences sometime in 1976.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I'm impatient myself but I have put my trust in Trump and decided not to get bent out of shape over things I can do nothing about. Speaking strictly from my gut, I think Sessions is going to be a hero.

Time and tide wait for no man and the mid-terms are just 5 months away. It's finally game time Sessions - you going to be a hero or a zero?. Going be a summer to remember.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am patiently waiting and marginally optimistic.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
If trump didnt want him there hed be gone. All part of the plan. An AG cant do the behind the scenes work if the press is always hounding him. Its exactly as planned.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
If trump didnt want him there hed be gone. All part of the plan. An AG cant do the behind the scenes work if the press is always hounding him. Its exactly as planned.

So, Trump planned for Sessions to recuse himself? Trump planned for the Mueller investigation to go on for more than a year?

quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
As has been pointed out repeatedly as we have struggled with this disturbing situation, remember that the Watergate break in was in June, 1972, it was discovered immediately and the burglars promptly prosecuted. The planners and overseers took longer, and started jail sentences sometime in 1976.

We've all witnessed multiple felonies being committed by Hillary, Comey, McCabe, Clapper, and several others (lying under oath for starts). Who has been "promptly prosecuted"?

I've lived in Alabama for 11 years. I haven't seen Sessions do anything meaningful in the Senate during that time. He was a do-nothing Senator, and carries that work ethic to the AG office. Sessions is Trump's worst mistake to this point.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The minute Sessions recused himself he at the same time inoculated himself from repercussions from Trump. Trump can't fire him now no more than he can fire Mueller without political persecution.

That being said I would not be surprised to discover that Trump is using Sessions as a rope a dope player. Sessions could all of a sudden bring charges against any number of people for things we never knew he was even working on.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
That being said I would not be surprised to discover that Trump is using Sessions as a rope a dope player. Sessions could all of a sudden bring charges against any number of people for things we never knew he was even working on.

One can only hope! And I am about out of hope.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rudy G seems to run his mouth and get about 66% of it right. That would be bad for the AG.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'm going to keep my matches in my pocket until the mid-terms.

Ol' #45 seems to have a pretty good handle on the crew and ship.

I am waiting to see the rats get tossed overboard.

The man defeated Hillary, the best in the deception and manipulation in the game.

He has flipped the Obozo world on it's candy ass.

Faced down NORK.
Moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
The wall is in work.
Kicked Obamacare in the taint.*
Grabbed DACA by the balls.*
Has taken a direct stand for the Military and the Po-leece.
Tax cut.*
Oprah Winfried the jobs market. (You gat a job" You get a job! Everybody can get a job!)

All sorts of winning, while the other side is whining.

And the only reason most any intelligent person is "worried" is because of the lying media.

*Were it not for the clowns on the left of him, and jokers on the right...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey...excellent post Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deqlyn:

So, Trump planned for Sessions to recuse himself? Trump planned for the Mueller investigation to go on for more than a year?

Yes, trump knew what he would do. have you not been watching the show? Trump says something outlandish, the cabinet is disarray etc etc... its been going since the beginning. Give the media the story you want them to tell that sells the most ads.

There's an interesting netflix doc on trump that talked about how he always leaks stuff to the press and controls the narrative. You should watch it.

And for what it's worth from some guy on the internet, I have a client in AL who knows a few elites who hobnob at mar-a-lago. They confirmed there's no in fighting between them.

You will start to see his work unfold over the next months with the IG report/Uranium1/Clinton foundation/ etc. etc...

You do realize if a new admin gets into power and starts prosecuting the opposition immediately what would happen?

As far as Mueller taking so long I don't believe that's in their control. Trump is making that "weakness" his strenght by using it as the news bait to cover all the obama era reg rollbacks that have been happening.

Hell the NSA just testified againt the FBI and CIA on the spying thing.... shit is happening man.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Sessions is Trump's worst mistake to this point.

Hopefully that is true.

As I said above,
quote:
The bitchers and moaners display no appreciation whatever of the duties, responsibilities, powers and limitations of the office and therefore have no hope of intelligently criticizing the performance of the office holder, so the only way to interpret the comments is as frustration that wrong doers seem to be thumbing their nose at truth, justice and the American Way, crooks are getting away with it, etc.

Prosecuting and getting convictions for burglaries, even third rate ones, is relatively simple compared to the crimes you imagine may have been committed. “Beyond a reasonable doubt” is one thing when you accuse a guy of a 7-11 stickup, a lot more complicated in so-called “white collar crimes.” Juries have a lot more deliberating to do. Remember Menendez. Remember the McDonnells. You might even remember the milk producers bribery trial of former Treasury Secretary and Texas Governor John Connally. McDonnell was convicted, but that was reversed on the interpretation of official acts. In the Enron cases, only the top three guys were convicted, IIRC. All the others were exonerated after being drug through trials, prisons, appeals, reversals.

In each of those cases, the defense team assembled was top notch, with essentially unlimited resources. Think of what the defense team of a Hillary Clinton would be. This is not to say it is impossible, but it will be awfully difficult, and every charge, every document, every witness, every bit of evidence has to be accurately and carefully assessed. Nobody benefits from bringing an indictment that is flawed from the start.

Moreover, it is not Sessions which brings indictments. He supervises, at most, but is not the active prosecutor. Trial guys, and gals, do that. He cannot command them to bring a case out of thin air, and no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges that could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

It also is worth realizing that some acts which appear criminal cannot be successfully prosecuted, due to lack of evidence to meet the standard. Frustrating indeed. Prosecutorial judgment is required, resources ought not be squandered tilting at windmills, etc. Judge Alcee Hastings case was like that. Since the bribor would not testify to giving a bribe, the verdict was “Not guilty.”

Finally, how do you know those are not underway as we bitch and moan? Comey has been severely criticised for announcing a conclusion of no prosecution, which the DOJ never does. It only announces prosecutions when indictments are filed.

I am not saying that Sessions is the best AG in history, although I imagine his detractors now will believe so if he prosecutes those they want prosecuted. What I am pointing out is that the severe criticisms some are making are premature at best, unjustified so far and at this point reflect poorly on the critics.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
It also is worth realizing that some acts which appear criminal cannot be successfully prosecuted, due to lack of evidence to meet the standard.

Yeah, what was I thinking? Committing perjury multiple times on national television must be very difficult to prosecute, you know, with the lack of evidence and all. Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I am not saying that Sessions is the best AG in history, although I imagine his detractors now will believe so if he SUCCESSFULLY prosecutes those they want prosecuted. What I am pointing out is that the severe criticisms some are making are premature at best, unjustified so far and at this point reflect poorly on the critics.

FIFY. I doubt the detractors will be happy with a failed prosecution. Heck, I want most of them swinging from the end of a rope and a winning lottery ticket too, but I am realistic enough to know that isn't going to happen... Wink

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I never really heard much about or from the AG in previous administrations before Obuttmunch started using the AG as his personal attack dog to inflict his twisted agenda on the United States (open opposition to 2A, Fast and Furious, surveillance of journalists, opposition to voter ID laws, attacking the 1A, etc).

I'd love to get back to the time when the AG did his job quietly and competently in relative obscurity.

That being said, I would love to know how Sessions is defending the president and the presidency and what he is doing to clean up the FBI and DOJ.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post