SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Miracle Whip only in my home. Never could stand mayo on anything.

They have essentially the same main ingredients. I just find Miracle Whip smoother and tastier.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Real mayo for me.

There's something else. All mayonnaise is "real" mayonnaise. What, is there fake mayonnaise out there?

Miracle Whip does not taste like "real mayo" to me. Hellmann's mayo is what I consider to be real mayo.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
The high fructose corn syrup in Miracle Whip keeps me from using it

No HFCS.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I do not eat a lot of fat. Just the way it works out. So when mayo is available, I LOAD up the sammich with it. I'll buy mayo at Thanksgiving and make slaw then, and maybe another batch at Christmas. Eventually the container gets tossed pre-road-trip. Then buy another if I'm making slaw at Easter. Hellmann's for me.

Hellmann's® is known as Best Foods® west of the Rockies

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Living as I do in the birthplace and home of Dukes, I haven't had any Miracle Whip in ages. Growing up, a friend's family always served Miracle Whip. They were on a somewhat limited budget so I always assumed Miracle Whip was a cheaper alternative .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A separate, more important topic might be, which do you prefer on country ham biscuits, mayonnaise or mustard ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Blue Plate

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The only thing I really like Miracle Whip on is a bologna cheese sandwich. Everything else = regular mayo

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Coming up on our 23 year anniversary next month and there's been a jar of Blue Plate in the fridge for her and a jar of Kraft for me the whole time - not the same jars though Wink. I think our boys prefer Kraft.

I second PASig's combination on burgers. Another recipe I like (although it sounds odd) is to grill corn on the cob then lightly coat with mayo, parmasean cheese, and chili powder. Think I saw that on triple D.

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I refuse to participate in a thread such as this where 'Easy Cheese' is not an option. And Cheese-It crumbs, yeah, lots of Cheese-It crumbs. In fact any cheese in 'Easy" or "It" form, is possibly the worlds most perfect food.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
The only use in this house has for mayo/miracle whip is cole slaw (possibly potato salad) Miracle whip it is. Watching the beltline.

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
The high fructose corn syrup in Miracle Whip keeps me from using it

No HFCS.

Guess the recipe has been changed for the better:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Whip

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I don't think Dukes is sold around here. If I can get some I'll try it.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Mayo - and out here it is Best Foods (Hellmann's back east).

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Miracle Whip is terrible. Hate it. Mayo is the answer, but I make my own with only a few ingredients easily found in most kitchens.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draal:
Hellman's for me. Never tried Dukes as I've never seen it in the Chicago area stores.
Look in a Walmart Super Center if there's one near you. Super Centers carry it, regular Walmarts do not.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I don't think Dukes is sold around here. If I can get some I'll try it.

You can get it via Amazon. Free two-day delivery if you have Amazon Prime.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Hellman's and Duke's do not contain high fructose corn syrup.

http://www.celestialhealing.ne...ods_with_no_HFCS.htm

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

Guess the recipe has been changed for the better:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Whip

Still, to show the difference, the second ingredient listen for Duke's is eggs....
What are the ingredients found in Duke's Mayonnaise? Soybean oil, eggs, water, distilled and cider vinegar, salt, oleoresin paprika, natural flavors, calcium disodium EDTA added to protect flavor.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
A separate, more important topic might be, which do you prefer on country ham biscuits, mayonnaise or mustard ?

Neither is correct.

The correct answer is red eye gravy.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post