SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
Pretty straightforward. What do you prefer? What brand? Keep seeing it brought up here and there lately and figured it might be a fun poll.

Myself, I can't stand Miracle Whip and go for Duke's, Hellman's, or Best Foods mayo, depending on what's available. They're all fine with me. I don't need a lot, just a thin layer on a sandwich and I'm good.

Question:
Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?

Choices:
Mayonnaise
Miracle Whip

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Didn't answer, no option for "Both"

Either / or, makes me no nevermind. Whatever is handy.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I bought my Hellman mayo at Costco years ago. They sell mayo a lot cheaper than anywhere else but you have to buy the whole 55 gallon drum. Sure does last!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Neither!

I have an irrational hatred of most condiments.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Didn't answer, no option for "Both"

Either / or, makes me no nevermind. Whatever is handy.

This. I like them both and will use either depending upon my whim. My wife being a born and bread Cajun insist upon Blue Plate mayo exclusively.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Mayo all the way unless atop my mom's famous carrot jello salad. Have not had it for years though. Razz

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Mayo all the way! Preferably Dukes!

Miracle Whip is disgusting to me.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Duke's
Duke's link

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine "Cinco de Whippo?"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Can you imagine "Cinco de Whippo?"

No, but my screen has ice tea all over it Smile

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Dukes. Not only do they not add sugar like other brands, a quart jar is still a quart jar.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
A sandwich just ain't a sandwich w/o...
And
The bands name is "Bad Mayonnaise", not "Bad Whip". Wink

I would like to try the Dukes you all mention all the time. Looks like I have to travel to the south side of town to get it. Don't think I've ever seen it.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
This is like comparing apples and oranges. The concoction called Miracle Whip is a mysterious mixture that is not really suited for my consumption.
The only mayonnaise purchased in my house for the last 50 years is Dukes. My mother only used Dukes and my grandmother only used Dukes. I remember when the jar was labeled with the slogan "Never Cooked". Summer time means Dukes mayo, white bread and sliced tomatoes for lunch around here. For dinner, a creamy potatoe salad with Dukes cannot be beat. Did I mention this southern boy likes Dukes mayo?

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Ok. One more time.

Miracle Whip on sammiches of ham, bologna, peanut butter, turkey. Also on fried potatoes, weenies with no bun (weenies on a bun get just mustard),

Mayo (Best Foods) on sammiches of chicken, BLT, deviled egg, hamburgers, club, bologna and cheese. Also on asparagus spears, and tolerable on fried potatoes

The above sammiches are listed a plain like ham only with MW. Add tomato and cheese to a turkey sammich, then use mayo (Best Foods)

Both, 50-50 mix on sammiches of roast beef, fried egg, cheese

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dsiets- Duke's Mayo is kinda difficult to find in Michigan. I first read about the brand here on the Forum, and looked at Meijers, Kroger, Buschs, Whole Foods, Hillers but couldnt find it. Then about a month back, I was in the Plum Market which is located on Plymouth Road in the NE side of Ann Arbor, and there I found Dukes Mayo. Immedietly got 2 bottles, and came home and made a sandwich. It tastes a lot better than the standard Hellmans or the Kroger brand of mayo that I had been using.
Also used Dukes mayo last weekendto make potato salad. Everyone at the father's Day cookout remarked at how good the salad tasted, and Dukes was the ingredient that made the salad taste so good!!!Smile

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Blue Plate or Dukes.... there are no other choices Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
dsiets- Duke's Mayo is kinda difficult to find in Michigan. I first read about the brand here on the Forum, and looked at Meijers, Kroger, Buschs, Whole Foods, Hillers but couldnt find it. Then about a month back, I was in the Plum Market which is located on Plymouth Road in the NE side of Ann Arbor, and there I found Dukes Mayo. Immedietly got 2 bottles, and came home and made a sandwich. It tastes a lot better than the standard Hellmans or the Kroger brand of mayo that I had been using.
Also used Dukes mayo last weekendto make potato salad. Everyone at the father's Day cookout remarked at how good the salad tasted, and Dukes was the ingredient that made the salad taste so good!!!Smile

Hey, Thanks.
I punched in my loc. at the Dukes website and, while we have Walmarts around, it showed it only at a "Walmart Super Center" or some such, south of Grand Rapids.

I'm right near a regular Walmart every Thurs. so I'll start there to check out this condiment phenom.
After that I'll check the classifieds here. Ammo for Mayo. Big Grin

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Blue Plate or Dukes.... there are no other choices Smile

We always had Blue Plate at our house and then I read about Duke's on Sigforum and that's all I've bought for the last year or so.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post