SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Conn's Furniture won't honor 30 day price guarantee
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conn's Furniture won't honor 30 day price guarantee Login/Join 
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted
Just a buyer beware situation. Conn's will not honor any 30 day price guarantee if the new price is a Black Friday or any other kind of special sale pricing, EVEN WHEN IT IS THEIR OWN PRICING!!!

I guess that makes the guarantee pretty much worthless. I purchased a TV there on the 8th and today it is $400 less.

They have gotten their last dollar from this ol boy.

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Doing so would pretty much make every day of November Black Friday, wouldn’t it?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Doing so would pretty much make every day of November Black Friday, wouldn’t it?

Doing so would assure their customer they are intent on offering the best price available.

Plenty of complaints on these folks.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/conns.html

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
Just a buyer beware situation. Conn's will not honor any 30 day price guarantee if the new price is a Black Friday or any other kind of special sale pricing, EVEN WHEN IT IS THEIR OWN PRICING!!!
Is that exception specified in the fine print on their 30 day price guarantee? If it is, you probably just have to suck it up. But if the rules are clear, and the exception is not stated, I would be just ornery enough to give them a choice: "honor the $400.00 difference now, or I'll see you in court where I will be looking for $400.00 plus court cost, attorney fees, and aggravation costs, and remember that I have never lost one of these cases" (don't tell them that you have never lost one because you have never done it before).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Conns. It's what they do.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
From their website:

quote:
Low Price Guarantee

We want you to be confident in your purchase from Conn's. If you find the same item advertised in the weekly print ad at an established retailer (excluding Internet-only competitors) within 30 days of your purchase, we'll match it*. No questions, no hassles. It's that easy.
*Includes in-stock products only and those without other promotional, finance or clearance offers. Price match policy does not apply to computers and Black Friday and Cyber Monday pricing.
Conn's cannot be held liable for any typographical or pictorial errors that may occur on this website.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I apparently posted a Post alert" not sure what that is and sorry if it screwed something up, as I did not intend to do so.

I am sure Conn's has some fine print somewhere to cover their ass, but when I specifically asked if they had any Black Friday deals, I was told the higher price WAS the Black Friday price. So I asked if the price goes down do you offer a 30 day guarantee and was assured they did.

No mention made about sale, Black Friday or special pricing, not being honored.

Any way, now we all know.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Speaking from personal experience, Conn's are a bunch of crooks. I don't know how they are still in business.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it makes a difference, but you might want to carefully check the model numbers. It may not be the same TV.

I tried to buy a TV on Black Friday a few years ago, but the mob at the store changed my mind and I left.

I later read an article that sometimes the products stores include for those huge discounts on Black Friday are actually "stripped down" versions (cheaper components, slower processors, lower resolution, etc.).

I checked the stores website and, sure enough, the TV I had been looking at had a one slightly different model number. When I went back to the store after Black Friday, the TVs that they now had were all the previous model number with the "original" specifications.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well sure, but they'll only loose a little on each sale while making it up in volume! Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
It looks like they have a 30 day return policy, with a 15% restocking fee. If the restocking fee is less than $400, return the TV and buy a new one at the Black Friday price.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Always buy your televisions at Costco.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Return it.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much every retail provider, whether online or brick and morter, doesn't price match Black Friday, rare exception that they do.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Return it.

Exactly.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Don't know if it makes a difference, but you might want to carefully check the model numbers. It may not be the same TV.

I tried to buy a TV on Black Friday a few years ago, but the mob at the store changed my mind and I left.

I later read an article that sometimes the products stores include for those huge discounts on Black Friday are actually "stripped down" versions (cheaper components, slower processors, lower resolution, etc.).

I checked the stores website and, sure enough, the TV I had been looking at had a one slightly different model number. When I went back to the store after Black Friday, the TVs that they now had were all the previous model number with the "original" specifications.

So having worked many years for electronics stores I can tell you that 80% of the price buster gadgets are made specifically for black friday and other sales. The model numbers are slightly off and in the case with tvs often times the differences are numbers of inputs as well, if the reg price tv has 3, the door buster tv has 2 etc etc.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Shit, a whole bunch of what Walmart sells all year long is based on the same idea. ^

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of Conn's but sounds like they should drop one of the Ns.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Good old Beaumont, Tx boys. C.W. Conn and his group have been doing this since the '70's. They are truly pros at it.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
They have gotten their last dollar from this ol boy.

Have you done business with the prior to this purchase?

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post