SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vintage discovery following recent electric shaver thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage discovery following recent electric shaver thread Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Hidden in the back of my deep medicine cabinet was a small plastic pouch. I happened on it while rummaging for something or other. Opening the pouch I found a small rechargeable electric shaver that I bought in Japan sometime in the late '70s - very early '80s to have available onboard ship during rough sailing or water restrictions where a brush and safety razor wouldn't cut it. I did sport a legal beard but still the neck, checks, and my bald head required attention. Smile

Inspired by the recent electric shaver thread, for the hell of it I plugged it in for an overnight charge and much to my surprise it still works! Touched up my bald head with it. 40 some odd years old and still works! Amazing!

Here it is with the owners booklet in Japanese which also shows the store's stamp where I bought it from. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yes, there's truth to the adage that they don't make 'em like they used to. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Haven´t had many of those in my life but this one, minus the electric plug, reminds me of my father´s Braun shavers.

I recently passed one of them to my nephew. He managed to destroy a current production Philips in less than 6 months. I hope his new 30 years old Braun wil last him a couple of years.

Good thread, Bob.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nicky,

It's the only electric I've ever owned. Started with a double edged razor but quickly became an injector convert and have remained so all these decades. Big Grin Love the adjustable PAL and Schick razors.

As for an old Braun, how about this working 255 from the Precision series family? Belongs to my youngest who left it in a guest bathroom drawer. He moved on to a brush and razor too. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192