SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayer or kind thought
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer or kind thought Login/Join 
posted
One of my best friends (the good Lord blessed me with four) was diagnosed with Leukemia last year.
I've worked with him for almost 30 years. He had the stem cell transplant and went through it with flying colors. Even back to work.
A couple of months ago the doctors started weening him off the meds. He developed a Host/Graft rejection in several organs(I may get some of this wrong). He spent another four weeks in the hospital, was able to go home only to get sick again. Now pneumonia.
He is a great father, husband and friend. We need him.

Terry

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, Terry. God bless!

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a swift and lasting recovery for your friend and his family and loved ones.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for him, his family and friends.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He's in my prayers

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. I have been blessed with lots of friends but only 4 "brothers" as an only child so I feel where you are coming from.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our prayers are offered....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for him and his loved ones.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Praying for him

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Prayers offered.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Done.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent from TampaBay.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Your friend lifted up in prayer.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. It's sad. We have a group that we call "the six pack". Three couples, we go on vacation together, been to three weddings, and get together several times a year.
Of the six, four have had some kind of cancer.
It's a crazy world we live in.

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. Larry passed yesterday. Pneumonia had set in and he wasn't able to kick it. He put up the good fight and lasted a lot longer than I would have.
In the 30 years I knew him, I don't believe he ever lied or didn't stand up when something needed to be said. In fact a jerk boss I had told me one time he didn't like Larry because he was saying things about him he didn't like. My response was "I've never known him to lie".

He will be missed.

P226 9mm CT
Glock 21

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My condolences that you lost your friend, sir...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post