SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Masters-Augusta National Started
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Masters-Augusta National Started Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I know nothing about golf (other than it's a nice walk, spoiled) but I saw a video on Facebook this morning....

Did some guy literally skip his ball across a pond out there?? Ya know, like skipping a stone? Came pretty close to the hole too!

It is a practice round tradition... pretty much everybody that comes through 16 on Monday and Tuesday (and the few on Wednesday) skip balls for the patrons.

if the players don't try to do so they get heckled from the stands. actually pretty funny, so the players just go ahead and do so. I watched Sergio get boo'd a number of years ago because we wouldn't

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
At the end, I noticed one of the spectators was Condi Rice.

Doesn't matter much, but just something I noticed.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
At the end, I noticed one of the spectators was Condi Rice.

Doesn't matter much, but just something I noticed.

She was the first woman member at Augusta I believe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The Masters is really the only golf tournament that I watch (nearly) every year. Certainly rewarded this year, it was a great tourney with several memorable performances.

I never realized what people paid to attend The Masters; it’s incredibly expensive. Lots of variation depending on day of the week, but a pretty good rule of thumb is $1,500 to watch a round. Or am I wrong?

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yes, you do need to pay for tickets, but they are not that spendy. Of course, you have to take into account airfare, hotels, food, drinks, etc.... It'd be a spendy weekend, but one I'd love to do.

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/...2019-masters-tickets

I'd give my left nut to play just one round there. I went out on a few dates some years ago with a club pro who worked at Bethpage. She knew somebody who knew somebody who might have been able to get us an invite. Well, the relationship didn't work out and hence the round at Augusta didn't. I think she realized I was more interested in playing the round than I was in her.

Congrats to Reed though. Great tournament. Fowler will get his major soon. He's a hell of a player.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
practice rounds through the lottery is priced affordably, they were $50, I see they have increased to $75 now

the food is priced very reasonably, you can get a sandwich, bag of chips and a drink for about $5 when I went. A beer was $5 if I recall

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Congrats to Reed though. Great tournament. Fowler will get his major soon. He's a hell of a player.

My congrats to both also, forgotten to do so in my earlier posting.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
The Masters is really the only golf tournament that I watch (nearly) every year. Certainly rewarded this year, it was a great tourney with several memorable performances.

I never realized what people paid to attend The Masters; it’s incredibly expensive. Lots of variation depending on day of the week, but a pretty good rule of thumb is $1,500 to watch a round. Or am I wrong?

I had 2 for the Thursday round last year that I couldn't use. I put them on eBay and the winning bid was $4600.

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
Made it back home to Murfreesboro arond 11:00 last night. I am pooped, Thurs thru Sunday is a lot for this old man. Lol
They have really upgraded the grounds and buildings since last time I was there in 2016. It is a huge improvement for sure.
I would like to know what it profit is from the gift shop alone, a lady in front of me spent 2k. And the main shop is almost always packed.

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1090 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
If you are lucky enough to be on the list for badges, they are only $375 total for all 4 tournament round days. The exorbitant prices are on the secondary market.

Spieth was amazing Sunday and a little unlucky on 18. If his ball sneaks past that last branch then he would have at least had a chance for one more birdie.

But Patrick Reed was ice cold coming down the stretch. Great birdie on 12, good up and down on 15 recovering from a bad tee shot. He's got a ton of game and relishes the competition aspects.

Saturday I got to see Tiger roll in a couple of birdies, Phil take driver off the deck to 8' for eagle on #8, and a host of groups come through 4, 16, amen corner, and then 18.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Reed played very tough on the last day. Not spectacular, but he already had three great rounds, so he was in the catbird seat.

I hope to see Fowler win a major soon, and expect he will.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post