SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Masters-Augusta National Started
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Masters-Augusta National Started Login/Join 
posted
Watched Jack Nicholas and Gary Player this morning do the honorary tee off.
Jack did some shoulder warmups and comments before teeing off after Gary Player did his tee off.
Great players and a beautiful course.
Heard some announcer jerks saying that with tiger back this was the most anticipated Master's ever. Maybe if the announcers could not be heard saying anything other than who was on the screen, and what they just did it would be great! Show the beautiful course, and say the scores, the shots, and then shut up!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Some of my in-laws went to the first practice round and it looked beautiful.
Unfortunately the weather doesn't look so good for the weekend, particularly Saturday.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
Watched Jack Nicholas and Gary Player this morning do the honorary tee off.

Jack's grandson, age 15, was his caddy on the Par 3 event yesterday. The caddy gets to take a shot on the last hole. The young man made his first-ever hole-in-one with the shot, after which Jack said he didn't know if he'd ever had a more special day on the golf course. They'll both remember that for a long time.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
They're recapping every shot Tiger's taken so far today. Must not be anybody else playing in this tournament. BTW, he's +3 with four or five holes to go.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Normally the Masters is must watch tv, but I presumed that this year would be the Tiger Woods show. Tiger hitting a shot. Tiger lining up a shot. Tiger walking down the fairway. Tiger sipping water. Tiger leaning on his putter, etc., etc. I haven't decided how much I'll watch. My gripe is not about Tiger Woods, but rather the tv coverage.

Maybe he'll miss the cut so the weekend rounds might be enjoyable.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I really do not like Jim Nantz, the CBS golf announcer and he gets especially poor marks at the Masters. He is so saccharine and obsequious.

Turn McCord and Feherety loose on those stuffed shirts at Augusta National.Wink

I enjoy the tournament, but they treat it like Easter Services at the Vatican.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe McCord was banned by the Masters people several years ago for comparing the greens to bikini wax or something along those lines.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
I believe McCord was banned by the Masters people several years ago for comparing the greens to bikini wax or something along those lines.

Indeed he was, in '94. he said they had given the 17th green a bikini wax. He also made a comment about body bags for players who missed approach shots. That is why he should be brought back.

It would only be a matter of time before Feherty said something similar.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that was one of my favorite lines

yeah, Augusta is a bunch of stuffed shirts

won't be watching the Tiger Show....too many important things to do, and I'm a die-hard golf fan but this crap is just too much

and yes, I can't stand Nance

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Normally the Masters is must watch tv, but I presumed that this year would be the Tiger Woods show. Tiger hitting a shot. Tiger lining up a shot. Tiger walking down the fairway. Tiger sipping water. Tiger leaning on his putter, etc., etc. I haven't decided how much I'll watch. My gripe is not about Tiger Woods, but rather the tv coverage.

Maybe he'll miss the cut so the weekend rounds might be enjoyable.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great description

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tiger hitting a shot. Tiger lining up a shot. Tiger walking down the fairway. Tiger sipping water. Tiger leaning on his putter, etc., etc.

Don't forget: Tiger swearing. Tiger throwing his club, etc., etc.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Poor Sergio Garcia, 3 shots in a row roll back into the water on 15. All good shots, just too much back spin.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Poor Sergio Garcia, 3 shots in a row roll back into the water on 15. All good shots, just too much back spin.

Putting for 14 I believe.

That'll pretty much end his weekend. Too bad, I like Sergio.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that sucks - I think Sergio is fun to watch when he is on his game

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
so much butthurt over Tiger being the biggest story of the week. sorry some of you guys don't like it, but he's still the biggest story in golf and he will be the biggest story of the week until the weekend. he is one of the top 2 golfers of all time, ya know. and he's back to +1 on a day that nobody is really lighting the course on fire.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Looks like Finau's ankle isn't presenting too much of a problem. He's off to a great start.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
so much butthurt over Tiger being the biggest story of the week. sorry some of you guys don't like it, but he's still the biggest story in golf and he will be the biggest story of the week until the weekend. he is one of the top 2 golfers of all time, ya know. and he's back to +1 on a day that nobody is really lighting the course on fire.

Too bad they can't just cover the tournament, instead of drooling over Tiger.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sergio is very talented, but also inconsistent, and, even worse, he has a bad head. When he begins to go wrong, he often goes out of control.

The point is that Woods shouldn't be as big a story as he is. He is a story, but the coverage is out of proportion to his importance in the current world of golf. The media hypes him because non-golfers are interested in him, to the detriment of more relevant coverage.

Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:

The first one to go in the water was his 6th shot. Not sure how he got into trouble before. See below.

Five in the water.

https://www.si.com/golf/2018/0...ht-shots-water-video

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, you could maybe say that about the first two that spin back into the water, but at three, four, and five - they aren't good shots. He kept making the same mistake.

He is a real life Roy McAvoy.