SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you cut your grass yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you cut your grass yet? Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I've cut my weeds. Does that count?

Hell yes it counts. Half of my yard is weeds, especially in the back. I don't want to use chemicals where my Dogs spend a lot of time.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
waiting till the bird baths stop freezing over ,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Cut it 4-5 times already. I enjoy cutting it so much that I put down fertilizer with crabgrass preventer at the beginning of March, and before the next significant rain will put down weed & feed. Smile

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It hasn't stopped snowing/raining long enough

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lahilljack
posted Hide Post
At least 3 times! First time in March. Had to rake parts last week. Loaded bed of Ranger and took to the horses across the road. They were eating off tailgate before I could dump it.

Mike

Posts: 692 | Location: Adams County, Ohio | Registered: June 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
If this crap winter weather continues, I may not have to buy a new mower this season afterall ($2k plus savings) and will just pay some one to cut it one or two times (if winter allows).

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
We just came back from vacation yesterday, and after I unpacked I mowed for the first time this year(and turned on the sprinklers and made sure they were all coming up), weed eating and fertilizing today,

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Nope. As of yesterday, I still had snow. Mad

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I usually try to wait until after May 1.
Didn't make it this year....

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I wish! I had Ice storm and snow/sleet at beginning of week. We NOW ars going to warm up whoch I will then be able to dethatch. Maybe in a xouple of weeks... spring may actually arrive Here in mid New Hampshire!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Mowed my grandmothers lawn tonight. I should have worn a respirator for all the dust and whatnot I stirred up. We are very dry here in Kansas.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Nope, but I just sprayed weed killer. I want to let things level out before I mow.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
For our part of Texas it's been unseasonably cool, but grass has been mowed three times space about 2 weeks apart. Done by others which is bitter sweet since although it's a PITA chore, not being able to run through it and hardly break a sweat as in the old days does remind me of my age. Sigh...but after a little rain this morning, damn the landscape is coming alive and it's one of my favorite times of year.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in Georgia so we started mowing in March. Grass is all of our masters and must not be neglected.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last time I mowed grass was about 1990. 4 acres & a 60" John Deere. Divorced, sold house, sold John Deere, moved to a town home & haven't looked back.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not as of yet but I did clean the lawn mower, change the air filter and cleaned the sparkplug.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Just did for the first time this year. Now I've gotta see if I can actually keep it green this year.

BTW, I've had this mower now for 7 years -- it's a Husqvarna with a Honda engine. I'll be the first to admit that I don't take care of it. It sits outside all year long, getting rained on, snowed on, freezing over, etc. I've never changed the air filter nor the oil. I did actually replace the blade last year because it was completely dull.

Every damn year this thing fires right up. Including this afternoon -- three yanks on the pull chain and she roared to life. Super old gas and all.

$279 very well spent (on Amazon)!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never stopped! It's a year round thing here just get a break in the winter maybe every other week and on a good month we go three weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tomorrow , saturday at the latest

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post