SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you cut your grass yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you cut your grass yet? Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
It has been a looooooooooooooooong Winter.
I finally cut my grass yesterday and I see we may have flurries tomorrow.

Have you cut your grass yet?

The ground is too warm to support the snow sticking around very long, but DAMN, it is the middle of April.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Nope, but Jr. DF #4 has. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
We worked all day in the yard last Saturday - it got up to 76 or 77. Sunday the rain came in, turned to snow and snowed all day Monday. It didn't stick, but then it got up to 65 on Tuesday, 78 today and a front is coming in tonight and the high tomorrow is 49; then back into the 60's and 70's for the weekend. Glad we got it done when we did!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's 5 inches of snow on the ground and more is coming down right now. So, No.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Well, er, uh, we live in California, mow the lawn about every two weeks, year around.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Not worried about the yard at this point because I may have a failed septic system.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Not yet. Looking at 8" of snow tonight.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I’ve evened out my weeds twice now Wink. Everything is starting to green out now, just waiting for the morels to pop up now.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Not yet, looks like a couple more weeks if the snow stays away.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cut mine Saturday here North of Atlanta.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We're getting close. Probably will mow in the next few days. I'm SO sick of this crazy weather.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Cut it? I haven't even SEEN it. Frown

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Cut it about 2 weeks ago and put out weed & feed.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
At the house in town that we will be selling I cut the thick, faster growing, grass which is 1/3 of the back yard last week.

Thankfully the property where I live now (which has a *lot* to mow) doesn't need mowed yet, but some of it probably will in another week or two. The only good thing about this cold Spring is it's delayed mowing for a couple weeks or so. Unfortunately it's impacted nice motorcycle riding weather as well. Frown

I feel for you guys up north, at least the light snow we got yesterday is gone.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Last Saturday was the 4th time I've cut it.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
We cut grass year around in Texas.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Several times here in NC, did have snow after it was cut the first time, but now that the temps coming up its growing fast!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I’ve evened out my weeds twice now Wink.

Same here. Red Face

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This weekend will be my third time this season.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Today made TWICE already! :/

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post