SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just put my dog Merlot to sleep.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just put my dog Merlot to sleep. Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I know how much you loved Merlot by how often you would include your pup in your stories.

My sincere condolences.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Like all the others have said, sorry. Wish my wife would let me have another dog, but she's mean and won't.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this Jim. I know what you are going through never easy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That is such a painful decision. So sorry, brother.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss Jim. It's a very hard decision.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Sorry Jim. I know it hurts.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jim.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very sorry Jim. I too loved seeing him in your posts. A beautiful guy. You guys had a great life together. Take time to grieve. Losing someone so special is tough. A prayer sent for you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry. Frown

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss. Our furkids become family, I am sure she had a fantastic life with you. I applaud you for making the very hard, but correct decision.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim, condolences doesn't cover this!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry to hear this Jim. I know what a big part of your life Merlot has been. I miss all my pets I’ve lost every day. Prayers for you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to read this, Jim.

Thank you so very much for sharing your best friend with us over the years.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss Jim.

Posts: 783 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. You will think of her often in the days to come. There will be other pups, but only one Merlot. Enjoy the memories and after a time, find yourself a new best friend.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Shit Jim, I'm so sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed seeing your pics of her.

RIP Merlot. Frown

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Frown I'm so sorry for your loss.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I have had the same experience and still shed a tear whenever their names come up in conversation. I console myself with the knowledge that all our pups had the best life we could give them.

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Jim, my sincere condolences, I'd agree with so many other's here as to how many times you've spoken so fondly of your pup. Having been there as other animal lovers here, we all know too well how difficult it is to loose a great companion. I haven't the best words to express my thoughts but, I know you'll always have some wonderful memories of Merlot and great times you shared.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your loss.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post