SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just put my dog Merlot to sleep.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just put my dog Merlot to sleep. Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I always looked forward to seeing pictures of your pups.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Man, I hate seeing these threads. My condolences to you, Jim. Dogs are just so special and losing them hurts like hell. So glad you had so many loving years together.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to read this news Jim. I recall many of your posts referencing Merlot. You have my condolences.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Oh Jim I am so sorry. I know how close you were and the pain that follows this tremendous loss. Sending the biggest hugs your way.

Godspeed sweet girl. Find Lily and have a great play date and lots of treats.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Awwww man that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that Jim.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry, Jim. Frown 17 years definitely is a long time for a big dog to live. I know she was your good buddy and know that you gave her a special life. You have my sincere condolences. It is so difficult.

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Dogs occupy a special place in our hearts. I've lost a few myself over the years - always hard! My condolences, Jim.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'll never own another dog. Merlot is an impossible act to follow.

There's a story about Jerry Lee Lewis working at a club with a comedian who insisted on finishing last. Jerry Lee went to the local drug store and bought a big can of lighter fluid. He poured it into the piano, set it on fire, and performed Great Balls of Fire. As he walked off stage he said, "There ya go motherfucker, follow that".

That's where I'm at now.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry. My sincere condolences. I actually felt like she was a part of the sigforum family. RIP sweet girl.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hard to follow Merlot. Hope you're doing OK Jim. I'm sure it's hard.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Sad to read this... I'm very sorry for your loss.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I just have the worst fears about when our Girls go. I don’t know how I will handle it. Prayers for you and your family Sir.......

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear about your loss, never fear, Merlot will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
To have been together for such a long time was and is a blessing. I am sure you have a ton of great memories that the two of you made together.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
My condolences, Jim. You gave her a good life and I’m sure she gave you all she had.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Condolences and sorrow for your loss. I know this hurts really bad right now and will for some time.

Cherish the fact that you were a great doggy daddy who gave her a fabulous life she wouldn’t have had with anyone else. Take comfort knowing she’ll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Jim, I hate to hear of Merlots passing...I know from your posts that she was a good companion for you and you were a good companion for her. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
My condolences Jim.

Thanks for sharing the photos.
Prayers for comfort at these times.

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

Condolences on Merlot's passing.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Jim. Remember the good time ya'll had.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post