SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just put my dog Merlot to sleep.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just put my dog Merlot to sleep. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences, so sorry to hear.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about Merlot. The pictures are great--she clearly was loved and lived a great life with you.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
This is always the saddest part about having a pet. Sorry to hear.

They are with us for such a short time yet give us everything they have.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear/read this.

It sucks. No other way to put it.
We had to put our husky down in the last week of August.

I am sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear that Jim. I've shared the same relationship with each of my hounds so I can certainly understand what you're feeling.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear!

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this Jim. I know the pain you're going through because of personal experience a few times myself. As has already been said, remember the good times with Merlot.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Jim.

17 yrs was a good life.

We love our Dogs...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good long life!
My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Jim, like many have said 17 years is an amazing life span...

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences. I swear the saddest day in a person's life is the one when we realize that we are too old to have another dog.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Jim I to am so sorry about her passing,I think I know how much she meant to you.
I know the feeling well as I lost my Trapper in July
I always liked it when you spoke of her

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Jim, I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say to help ease the pain, sadly there is not. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Jim. It's never easy.
It's a friend you'll always miss.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It is so hard to lose such a loyal friend. They brighten our lives so much and they are gone far too soon. Heartfelt condolences.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
So very sorry.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm really sorry to hear this, Jim. Frown

My condolences.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.
They are all different and never really can be replaced, that's what makes them so special.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. Merlot was a beautiful and very lucky pup. She had a great life with you. I don't look forward to the day I have to decide it's best for our pup.

When the time is right, find another pup to fulfill your life. Not to replace Merlot but because you obviously have the love and capacity to accept the responsibility that pets require.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post