SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just put my dog Merlot to sleep.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just put my dog Merlot to sleep. Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I can't think of anything more difficult to get through but Merlot lived a *very* long life and you were both fortunate to have each other.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. I hope you are coping ok. Your posts have had a somewhat melancholy theme about growing older. I appreciate your humor and wish you the best.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Condolences.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this, Jim. Everyone here knew how much you loved her, and she knew best of all. My condolences, brother.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
All Dogs go to Heaven.

We have lost 2 furry friends. You never stop missing them but the love they gave was a blessing.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Jim. She was a beautiful girl.

Posts: 122 | Location: Hernando, MS | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Condolences Jim,

Our Bud, Wendy, and now Macie too, will greet Merlot when she crosses the Rainbow Bridge.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My condolences Jim.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. The toughest part of having a pet.
We lost two of our three in the last year, but like yours they had a good long life.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, I've see you post about Merlot for years.

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
So very sorry....

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
What a Beautiful girl! So sorry Jim.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss Jim I know you will miss her by your side

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad to read this. Your love for Merlot showed every time you mentioned her. She will greet you again one day!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to read this. Please accept my condolences. May you be comforted by the peace of knowing that you provided a loving home to Merlot for 17 years

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Oh, Jim.

Was so sad to see this posted.

Heart is with you. Know this is so painful. Thank you for all you did to give Merlot a very long and happy life.

Dogs are so much better than people. They are so much more than family.

Lindsay and Cooper will keep her company, while she waits for you Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
My condolences

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolences Jim.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post