SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just put my dog Merlot to sleep.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just put my dog Merlot to sleep. Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
So sorry for your loss, it's heartbreaking to put a pet down.
I'm sure Merlot had a wonderful, comfortable, and loving life with you.

I'll echo this. Peace be with you.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. It just isn't easy nor fair that they leave us so soon.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Jim.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this news. My condolences.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Jim, if you are having Merlot cremated, Turning_gal and I would be honored if you would accept one of our pet urns as her final resting place. As a fellow owner of standard poodles I sincerely know your pain on the loss of Merlot.

My email is in my profile, just let me know what you would like.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Jim,

So sorry for your loss. I have loved reading your posts featuring Merlot for years, I feel like I knew her personality from your descriptions. She had a wonderful life as your companion. Take care.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. I know she has been part of this group indirectly for as long as I have been here. Sure she gave and received all the love possible in those 17 years.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
My dogs have been my best friends, I'm sure Merlot was yours. My sympathy goes to you.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, dogs truly are Man's Best Friend. So loyal.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Sorry, it’s the hardest part of life as far as I’m concerned, it a decision you never want to have to make. RIP.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
So very sorry to hear of your loss.
" All Dogs go to Heaven "

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about Merlot, Jim. I always enjoyed your posts and photos about her.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences for the loss of your friend.

Posts: 541 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry. It’s so hard to make that call, and then to follow through.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh man, Jim, that is absolutely heartbreaking. I’ve heartily enjoyed the exploits you’ve posted over the years. My heart goes out to you. The positive in this is that you both enjoyed a part in the great journey we call life together! Take time to grieve and be well friend.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear that. Frown

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for the loss of your treasured and ever loyal and unconditional loving friend. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Rob

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post