SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just put my dog Merlot to sleep.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just put my dog Merlot to sleep. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
She was nearly 17YO, which is very old for a big dog.

Although we were different species, we loved and understood other without reservation.

The first day we met:

From a couple of years ago:

Having fun:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences Jim. We all know how much you loved Merlot. Think of the good times.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My condolences, Jim Frown Speaking from personal experience, I know how hard it is to lose a friend like this.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
She's beautiful, and I'm betting she was a smart girl! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Condolences. She was a beautiful girl.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have enjoyed many of your posts about Merlot and I will keep you both in my prayers.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry.

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this and my condolences. Frown Feel blessed she chose you to share her life with and the many fond memories of that will be in your heart forever. Merlot will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Oh damn.

I'm so sorry.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. I wish words could help in this situation.

You'll both will be in my prayers tonight.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear that, Jim.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
We've seen her so many times here over the years. We are all at a loss. So sorry for your loss. God speed little one.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for you loss! I know that even with 17 good years, its still so tough to lose a "furkid". Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The final demonstration of your love for her.

My condolences.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry Jim. I've seen her on here since I signed on. She will be sorely missed. You have my deepest condolences. Rest assured she is with many friends who've gone before. Have peace, my friend.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
We are so sorry to hear! Rest easy good girl and peace be to you Jim.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Bless you, Jim, let us help as best we can.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Jim. I know she was a great friend to you.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry Jim. So very sorry.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post