SIGforum
I just put my dog Merlot to sleep.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2290028364

December 02, 2019, 11:27 AM
Jim Shugart
I just put my dog Merlot to sleep.
She was nearly 17YO, which is very old for a big dog.

Although we were different species, we loved and understood other without reservation.

The first day we met:

From a couple of years ago:

Having fun:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
December 02, 2019, 11:31 AM
Sigfest
My condolences Jim. We all know how much you loved Merlot. Think of the good times.
December 02, 2019, 11:32 AM
jhe888
I am sorry to hear it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
ensigmatic
My condolences, Jim Frown Speaking from personal experience, I know how hard it is to lose a friend like this.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
pawprintsdoc
She's beautiful, and I'm betting she was a smart girl! I'm so sorry for your loss.
December 02, 2019, 11:33 AM
f2
Condolences. She was a beautiful girl.
December 02, 2019, 11:34 AM
Ryanp225
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have enjoyed many of your posts about Merlot and I will keep you both in my prayers.
December 02, 2019, 11:35 AM
senza nome
So sorry.
December 02, 2019, 11:37 AM
grumpy1
I am so sorry to hear this and my condolences. Frown Feel blessed she chose you to share her life with and the many fond memories of that will be in your heart forever. Merlot will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.
December 02, 2019, 11:38 AM
Mars_Attacks
Oh damn.

I'm so sorry.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
December 02, 2019, 11:39 AM
sigarms229
Sorry for your loss. I wish words could help in this situation.

You'll both will be in my prayers tonight.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
December 02, 2019, 11:41 AM
sjtill
Very sorry to hear that, Jim.

December 02, 2019, 11:43 AM
David Lee
We've seen her so many times here over the years. We are all at a loss. So sorry for your loss. God speed little one.
December 02, 2019, 11:45 AM
pulicords
I'm so sorry for you loss! I know that even with 17 good years, its still so tough to lose a "furkid". Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
December 02, 2019, 11:47 AM
Sig2340
The final demonstration of your love for her.

My condolences.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
December 02, 2019, 11:48 AM
vinnybass
I'm very sorry Jim. I've seen her on here since I signed on. She will be sorely missed. You have my deepest condolences. Rest assured she is with many friends who've gone before. Have peace, my friend.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
December 02, 2019, 11:49 AM
Riley
We are so sorry to hear! Rest easy good girl and peace be to you Jim.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.
Ripley
Bless you, Jim, let us help as best we can.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
ArtieS
I'm sorry Jim. I know she was a great friend to you.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
December 02, 2019, 11:52 AM
doublesharp
I am so sorry Jim. So very sorry.