SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Basal Cell Carcinoma Has Returned
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Basal Cell Carcinoma Has Returned Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
I sort of expected it, with everything else going on

went in today and had two biopsies - one on my ear and one on my neck - had a hunch about a month ago with the lump on my neck - didn't recognize the one on the top of my ear

hopefully this one is not as bad as the last few I had - getting tired of being sliced and diced

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. Sounds like the docs have a good handle on it.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I've had two, one on my back and one near an ear. The good news is that basil cell is very slow growing and typically does not spread. Also, it is totally unrelated-- no correlation-- to the other, dangerous forms of skin cancer. You are at no higher risk than the general public of getting a harmful form of skin cancer.

Still, it's no fun, I know, getting sliced and diced.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’ve had five, maybe six, Mohs surgeries for basil cell. No fun, but better than squamous cell, and a helluva lot better than melanoma.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just went through “slice and dice” three weeks ago. No fun but glad it was Basel Cell instead of the worse kind.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to have been part of the confusion: the spelling is "basal" cell, just as the OP listed.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post