SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is your America really divided?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is your America really divided? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Here in Alaska there's a divide but it's unlike other states. There's a huge divide between the native and non-native populations. Not something that other states have to deal with.

As far as politics, Alaskans tend to be very independent. Constitutional carry and legal weed.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I tried to explain to the Libtard Millenial in my crashpad (who is 29 and "knows" EVERYTHING) that people like him that don't live in border states will NEVER understand the chasm arising with Texans and illegal immigration. His state doesn't have to deal with the MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of WASTED dollars to support the anchor baby/mamas and the THOUSANDS that suck our financial resources on welfare and entitlements. I've never literally wanted to punch someone in the throat in all my life.

Damn right there's a divide in this country...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I live and work in the San Francisco Bay Area...

I have lost a few sales over the years because I told people I supported President Trump Wink

Sometimes I just can't help myself Razz

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:
Where do you live? Me thinks this might have something to do with it.

In Kentucky, a really Republican county. Rural King is in a neighboring County, still fairly Republican.

ARman

Sounds like a place I'd like to live. Out here in NorCal, you can't open carry, people lose their shit over maga hats, my daughter can't wear anything with firearms on it to high school and people get triggered over the smallest perceived slight.

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:
Where do you live? Me thinks this might have something to do with it.

In Kentucky, a really Republican county. Rural King is in a neighboring County, still fairly Republican.

ARman

Sounds like a place I'd like to live. Out here in NorCal, you can't open carry, people lose their shit over maga hats, my daughter can't wear anything with firearms on it to high school and people get triggered over the smallest perceived slight.

People open carrying is fairly common. Gun related shirts and hats are very common, school kids wear camo, NRA, firearm manufacturer branded clothing to school and no one blinks an eye.

I think everyone around here has a gun. I stopped after someone struck a deer and drove off, the deer was very much alive but had both rear legs broken.

I got out of my car to put it down and a neighbor girl pulls up and asked me if I needed a gun. I told her no and she drove off, I pull out my SIG P 220 and was about to aim it when another car pulls up, it another fairly young neighbor girl and asked the same question. I said no and put the poor deer out of it's misery.

I guess around here the liberals keep quiet because they are far out numbered, and the few I know are more your classical liberal, not the foaming at the mouth leftist, communist nut cases that now run the Democrat Party.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the original post, but not a lot of the replies. In my opinion (based in large part to where I live perhaps (northeast FL)), the country IS as divided as the media lets on; however, the huge majority of people just want to live their lives and not get into confrontations with each other.

I'm a white guy... when I pass strangers (be them white, black, or any other race, color, etc.) I'll make eye contact and the odds are, either they or I will give a quick nod or greeting. When I lived in NJ I would almost never do that (although I was younger then).

So the point I'm trying to make is that I'm sure if you talked to strangers about social issues the conversations would get heated really quickly if you were talking to someone who believes the opposite of what you believe, but without starting that conversation, most people just want to get through their day as peacefully as possible.

Posts: 131 | Registered: January 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Damn right there's a divide in this country...

50% of the country voted for Hillary.

Yes, you're damn right there's a divide.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post