SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is your America really divided?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is your America really divided? Login/Join 
posted
Well, is it? Do you see the big devide?

I was off today and me and my pup did some errands. While out I ran into a couple of people complementing me on my car.

Anyway, while taking to a guy at the entrance of Walmart, I noticed people as they walked by. As I'm a people watcher I watched people come and go as I'm taking to this guy about our WRX's.

As I'm standing there an older black guy walks in. Dressed averagely, but he was packing a compact Ruger in a Kydex holster. From what I saw nobody noticed.

Right after that, a Hispanic family walks in, the dad is wearing a MAGA hat. No one else seemed to notice as far as I could tell, no one was offended.

I did my business and left. I made my way to Rural King, while there I observed two mid 40's good ol' boys talking and laughing, both your average farmer/redneck/good ol' boys. Wear denim overall, dirty work boots camo hats, one with camo shit, the other a Remington long sleeve t-shirt.

These two good ol' boys were just as alike as you could get, but one was a black guy the other a white guy. Another guy they apparently knew walks in, and he's wearing a MAGA hat. No butt hurt no offense.

This is just what I observer today, I have seen similar things not on a daily basis but enough to make me think that maybe we aren't as devided as the media and left would have us believe.

I will say, yes I live in a rural area. But, if racism is that wide spread, you would think that all these "racists redneck's" would be more visible.

Also, the observed people sure didn't conform to the lefts talking points.

Also, today I had my oil changed at the dealership, I was talking to a lady that had a democratic bumper sticker on her car and we talked about our Subaru's before she left, she gave me a hug.

Well, today got me thinking, are we really that devided?

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where do you live? Me thinks this might have something to do with it.

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guessing it is mostly hype from the media or bullshit left over from the '60s.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:
Where do you live? Me thinks this might have something to do with it.

In Kentucky, a really Republican county. Rural King is in a neighboring County, still fairly Republican.

ARman

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I can tell you for an absolute fact that there is a huge divide in Central Texas. Left leaning students, left leaning educators, left leaning "immigrants" from California and left leaning politicians (in the larger cities). Outside of the cities it's the opposite.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got done with a week long trip around Arizona. There was a disturbing amount of pro-America and pro-Trump yard art in west central AZ. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Nobody said anything about me open-carrying a gun, even near the U of A or NAU. I did get a few odd looks and comments about wearing shorts in such cold weather. Smile

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
I can tell you for an absolute fact that there is a huge divide in Central Texas. Left leaning students, left leaning educators, left leaning "immigrants" from California and left leaning politicians (in the larger cities). Outside of the cities it's the opposite.

So, the left is less tolerant.... that seems to be the take-away.

ARman

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I wish those commie bastards would just stay in their little paradises.

I don't think America is that divided. I think the bullshit main stream media wants us to believe we're divided and the weak minded buy into it.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I think there is a real divide. One problem that I think exists is that the conservatives are a silent majority. We don't rally in support of conservative policies while liberals will turn out in droves to protest the same thing.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I think there is a real divide. One problem that I think exists is that the conservatives are a silent majority. We don't rally in support of conservative policies while liberals will turn out in droves to protest the same thing.

I actually think they usually turn out in small numbers, but they get coverage like it’s a big event.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I think it is more of an issue in major cities in Blue States. Cameras role and people scream. Out here protesters get hit in the nuts with police bean bags. Stops protests pretty quickly.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
If you were on Facebook, you’d see the divide clear as day.

I stop myself from getting into arguments daily.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
If you were on Facebook, you’d see the divide clear as day.

I stop myself from getting into arguments daily.

Yeah, I don't do the Faceplant thing. So I guess I don't see it.

But in real life, in rural America, I see black and white couples, Hispanic and white couples. Gay couples ( one live down the way from me ). I just don't see much animosity.

Where I live, most are best describe as redneck good ol'boys. I rarely hear racist or derogatory comments about anyone.

I guess that us county folk are just not the intolerant racist that the leftest city dwellers are.

I think that it's a narrative the leftist push to divide us, because devided we are weaker and easier to control.

ARman

posted Hide Post
The divide is there.
Social media exacerbates stereotypes and, memes have become a fixture. There's very little socializing with social media, just one-way pot-shots and drive-by commentary. The feedback loop is reinforced.
The more bent somebody is, the deeper they descend into the world of division and separation.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
A rural environment makes getting along with your neighbors much more necessary on an instinctive level.
Urbanites tend to be more out for themselves.

Just my own observations.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I have black female friend at work who I get along with very well. But if the issue of politics comes up, we have to immediately cease talking. I think she'd claw my eyes out. There is definitely a divide. People are unwilling to to rationally discuss differences. I truly believe social media is a big contributor.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I think we have a big divide in the country. It is not a racial divide, either. In my view, that divide is along so-called political lines.

We have the uneducated progressives who think they know everything about everything, who actually do not have a damned clue.

By uneducated, I mean those who have attended colleges on student loans, who actually studied only that progressive horse shit they are "teaching" now.

We have those of us who actually worked at real jobs and who know bullshit when we hear it.

Then we have those whose whole damned world is run by what they would like it to be, and that includes idiots such as AOC.

Has anybody ever bothered to check to see if that twit actually studied economics at Harvard?

My econ instructors would have thrown anybody that stupid out of class. Or, at least, given them a failing grade.

Yeah, we are divided, but along real education lines.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The OP is talking about where you live..."do you actually see it?"

I don't see it at all. I live in a very conservative area and pretty much everyone thinks as we do. It's a different story if you turn on the TV.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Come to Atlanta.

It's a powder keg.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I see it in Northern Virginia, too.

Libtards fucked up Maryland to the point they decided to move out to a better place. Given many of them worked for gubbermint (state, local, feds) they figured they could not move very far.

So, the few northern counties in Virginia have been taken over by libtard morons, and control enough votes (legal or otherwise) to elect the governor and others.

Virginia is not so slowly turning into Maryland South.

Yes, we are divided!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post