SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Creating a safe space for New Year's Eve
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Creating a safe space for New Year's Eve Login/Join 
posted
My dear wife has informed me that she is planning a get together for new year's eve. If it turns out like the Thanksgiving Day's massacre, I expect a group of 10-15 Dems attending. Only one Trump supporter in the group---moi.

On Thanksgiving Day, after holding my piece trying to be a gracious host, there came a time when I couldn't hold it any longer and reached my peak. They left shortly after which surprised me because the tone of my voice was, as usual, like soft elevator music.

So to expound on my graciousness I have decided to create in a corner of my house a Trump High Blood Pressure Safe Space for them.

It will have a BP machine, a nice comfortable chair, warm lighting, Black Death music, an assortment of HBP pills (amlodipine, lisinopril, hydrochlorothiazide), rum, vodka, whiskey, wine, bath salts with Bic lighter and a late 19th century bottle of lithium.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
15 of YOUR friends who just happen to be Trump supporters.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A revolver and box of ammo to go with it?

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
SigForum meet & greet - bring a covered dish. Based on some recipes I see here you'll eat well.
CCW optional/OC required.......

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
On Thanksgiving Day, after holding my piece trying to be a gracious host, there came a time when I couldn't hold it any longer and reached my peak. They left shortly after which surprised me because the tone of my voice was, as usual, like soft elevator music.

The truth cuts to the bone. Well done! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friends are friends regardless. ..... I don't talk politics, finances, religion or about my military views....

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a scarificator? Bleeding and cupping utensils? Leeches for the squeamish?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Friends are friends

Sure. Certainly. Indubitable.

But, man, they cannot miss an opportunity to "share" their views.

It's an obsession, the reason for the lithium. Btw, also have an early 20th century bottle of strychnine but thinking that it might be overkill.

posted Hide Post
Good suggestions, all.

It should be a night to remember. Bail bond money ready.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Is there anything else I'm missing?

I told the pastor long ago, "this is why men have garages." He grinned with understanding.

He and Mrs were less-than-enthused when I [mistakenly] continued: "If I had a more comfortable chair there, I'd spend more time there." Oops.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Negan's Louisville Slugger.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
this is why men have garages

TOVARICH!

But mine's filled to the tits with stuff placed there from last March's flooding. Barely space to walk.

The attic is a possibility, though.

Wait. How 'bout sending them all to the attic? No fireworks, of course.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
An AK47 and mags of cheap Tul ammo to fire into the sky at
midnight?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
quote:
this is why men have garages

TOVARICH!

But mine's filled to the tits with stuff placed there from last March's flooding. Barely space to walk.

The attic is a possibility, though.

Perhaps rent the local Lions Club or community center, and send the wife and friends over there? Wink Then you get the whole house to yourself!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Sig Forum Florida members gun cleaning at your house?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Some reading for them:

Some well placed party decorations in the house:

And some plain old adult reality decorations:

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Maybe a little surreptitious use of Ipecac Syrup could get you out of the festivities without falling afoul of Mrs. Jehzsa (or long lasting issues for that matter).

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Hang a sign on the front door stating to leave your politics outside if you want to enter.

I noticed at Thanksgiving that us Trump supporters kept our politics to ourselves and tried to enjoy the meal and time with the family. A few of the democrats however always have to try and start trouble.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post