SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Strange Conversation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Strange Conversation Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe he's a time traveller... from the past.

Well, we all are.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
One of my friends believes the earth is flat and considers the sphere globe a worldwide conspiracy used to enslave the weak-minded. He uses birds flying as his proof that gravity is a myth because birds not falling doesn't make sense to him. He's very convinced. He did a few too many drugs in the 80-90s.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Well, just to be the geek in the room, the Earth doesn't actually revolve around the Sun.

All of the objects in the solar system (including the sun) revolve around the systems center of mass (the barycenter). Since the Sun has something like 99.7 of the total mass we the barycenter is close to the sun.

Sometimes it lies within the body of the sun but sometimes can lie just outside the sun.

Thus endith the geek teaching for the day. Smile

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
last month Charlotte asked charlie why the light switches in the garage never match up.

One is always down when the other is up.

( two wall switches for the same light fixture)

"up should always be on and down should always be off"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I didn’t know pot was now legal in Ga? Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
He should be bled forthwith with some leeches to restore his good humours.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
My dad, rest his soul, liked to needle folks. The result of many, many miles in an OTR truck with nothing to do but think about how he was going to needle his buddies at the next truck stop cafe.
I heard him argue sides of issues that everyone around him knew he was on the opposite side.
He did it for fun, playing Devil’s Advocate. Some of the reactions he got were priceless. Most times he never let the opposing party know his actual belief.
He also believed if you couldn’t argue the pro AND the con, you really didn’t need to be arguing.

I wonder if this guy could be like that?
We are all so seriously the time. So quick to throw labels like idiot, lunatic, and the like....

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
last month Charlotte asked charlie why the light switches in the garage never match up.

One is always down when the other is up.

( two wall switches for the same light fixture)

"up should always be on and down should always be off"
Generally speaking, the way 3-way switches are wired can be done in 2 different configurations: one way is that when both switches are in the same position the light is ON and if they are opposite the light is OFF; the other way is the opposite (same is OFF and different is ON). Depending on whether you are looking at the switches when the light is ON or OFF decides which way yours are wired. (I think the most common way is for different to be ON.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post