SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you give your money to Netflix, here's what you're supporting
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you give your money to Netflix, here's what you're supporting Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
But to assume that such social branding truly drives the business is as naive as assuming that Trump really gives a shit about your 2A rights. He only cares if it is good “for business” - ie votes.
You can take your bullshit opinion and cram it as far up your ass as you can get it. Don't let me see this shit from you again. Next time is the last time. If you like this forum, you damn well better heed my warning, because even one more comment like that will get you booted. Try me. The entire world seems to be against President Trump, who is the savior of this nation. Well, the rest of the world can hate him and misinterpret or just plain old twist his motives, but you aren't going to do that kind of thing here. Period.

Trump haters crash and burn here. It doesn't take too long and I delight in removing them. Tick tick tick, genius...
quote:
You guys really should think more logically as to the true motives of a large, publicly-traded entity.
Fuck you

You're on the shit list now, buddy boy.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

You guys really should think more logically as to the true motives of a large, publicly-traded entity.

Morpheus quote buddy:

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
There's the rub. Who determines black, white, or shades of grey?

My belief is that, outside of "your right to swing your fist stops at my nose" and one's duty to protect those who cannot protect themselves: Individuals must decide for themselves.

Assuming His existence as a given: God will judge me. All others are simply opinions, which I may choose to adopt or disregard as I see fit.

Unless, of course, I'm forced at the point of a gun. And even then: Acquiescence does not necessarily mean agreement.

The number of things I've seen in my years that one or another entity has declared "bad" or "evil" and tried to get, or got, banned, is staggering. They have run the gamut: From comedic political satire (The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, Married, With Children), to books and movies (The Satanic Verses, The Passion of the Christ, Gone With the Wind, The Catcher In The Rye, Tom Sawyer), to games and toys (remember Jarts?), to the disciplining of ones progeny (e.g.: corporal punishment), to historical and religious artifacts (Buddhist statues in the Mideast, Confederate statues here), to firearms and internal combustion engines.

I guess it must be some kind of human imperative to attempt to enforce one's view of morality on their "fellow" humans.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lastly, given that Netflix’ user interface works by making recommendations based on your particular viewing patterns, bothersome programming should only be presented to you if you have a history of watching such.

Circling back on this, I have to disagree.

I dumped Netflix a while ago, but still have Amzn Prime. Every time, I go on their Prime video page they are plugging movies completely unrelated to my tastes or viewing history.

Worse, every single freaking time I log on to my Audible account, Moochelle Obama is front and center. 90% of my audiobook purchases are history books. Why is Audible (an Amzn company) plugging her book to me?

But, most egregious is my local library. They have a great selection of ebooks you can borrow and download onto a Kindle. I usually check out murder mysteries (Robert Crais, Harlan Coben, Michael Connelly, etc.) But, if I search for a book which they don’t have, their site cheerfully suggests some alternative titles - usually some pro-gay propaganda. What’s up with that?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and I just loved the fact that NetFlix has an "LGBTQ" section. Fuckin' garbage.

Where's the "H" section? You know, for inclusivity. You gonna leave out most of the planet?

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lastly, given that Netflix’ user interface works by making recommendations based on your particular viewing patterns, bothersome programming should only be presented to you if you have a history of watching such.

Horseshit, pal. Pure horseshit. You think my viewing habits are steering "black empowerment" crap or black lives matter garbage to me on Netflix? Or my reading habits has encouraged recommendations on Amazon like "White Fragility"? Get your head out of your ass, Einstein. This is 100% pure propaganda.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Horseshit, pal. Pure horseshit. You think my viewing habits are steering "black empowerment" crap or black lives matter garbage to me on Netflix?

I don't recall seeing that in the suggestions presented to us. Ok, perhaps occasionally and we just filter out out? Dunno. Seriously: I simply don't recall it. I think if it was a regular thing I'd have noticed it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
When I was told to Boycott Disney (by friends) I pushed back. Just boycott what you do not like, they wont make money on that project and they will make what pays.

But With netflix, I have decided to just quit. I thought for awhile if I dont watch those shows, then they will stop pushing them. But it seems I was wrong, everytime I log in LGBT crap is being rammed down my throat and the Cuties thing was the last straw.
for Other I put "I am not woke enough to watch netflix."
"We have valued you as a customer . . ." Sorry, I do not feel like you do.
Bye.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I quit Netflix a couple years ago, solely because we weren't watching it at all anymore.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
But With netflix, I have decided to just quit. I thought for awhile if I dont watch those shows, then they will stop pushing them. But it seems I was wrong, everytime I log in LGBT crap is being rammed down my throat ...

I think we may eventually follow you.

Two seasons ago they inherited Lucifer. Strange to say, but the series was better, much better, when it was on commercial-laden broadcast TV than since Netflix acquired it.

Now they have a female demon (you know: those things from hell that possess no souls?) suffering from separation anxiety and loneliness because Eve (yes, of Adam and Eve) left her to "find herself."

My wife, with several gay family members and who had several lesbian friends, back home, remarked "Sure seems to be a lot of gay and lesbian characters on Netflix, lately."

Yeah, there is, and it's getting old.

In the past, when I suggested maybe we should dump NetFlix because I wasn't so sure it was worth the money, any more, balked. When I suggested it this time she replied "Yeah, maybe so."

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I dumped Netflix a while back. Every day it seems like I made a good choice.

The following vid is from Jericho Green. I like his stuff. This is the latest Netflix fiasco that I've heard about. Disgusting doesn't cover it.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, I was unaware of the movie he refers to, but, I am not surprised. This lines up perfectly with what they've been doing lately.

The man does have some interesting ideas how to punish Netflix executives. Rather descriptive.

Those of you who still give your money to Netflix, stop rationalizing. Take a look at the Jericho Green video. This is what you're supporting. If you're a parent, I just don't see how you can continue to pay Netflix. Hell, I don't even have kids of my own and this crap from Netflix makes me mad.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not just Netflix.
Not as bad as above but moving that direction, IMO.
There is/was a program on cable TLC or Discovery I think that is about the "kiddie beauty pageants" where they are like 5 +/- and dress up like full adults.
I could get more descriptive but to me they look very whore-ish.
Full makeup - pretty disgusting.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
Will be checking out the PureFlix tip, thanks. Smile

I hope you enjoy it. The series "The Chosen" is outstanding.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Exactly so. People have different tolerances for different things.

This isn't about tolerance. The unmitigated fact is that if you are paying Netflix, you are actively funding the seeds to indoctrinate children and destroy this nation. You may as well stroke a check to BLM.org.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's how Netflix portrays 11 year old girls:

https://yt3.ggpht.com/MA5_kWM4...,00003cf3fffff9e4-nd

"Cuties", huh? Why didn't they call it "Strip Club" or "Lap Dance for Daddy"?

Coming right at YOU, Netflix subscribers! September 9th. Make it a family event.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Here's how Netflix portrays 11 year old girls:...

I'm certainly no prude, but good Lord. That's obscene.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys really should think more logically...

Psychological projection disguised as condescension.

Are you a Leftist?

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Here's how Netflix portrays 11 year old girls...

That is extremely sick. Those of us that warned of the slippery slope 15-20 years ago were mocked, yet here it is right in from of us, as bold as the sun.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Dumped them. I meant to do it sooner. I think the last thing I watched was Ozark months ago.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post