SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you give your money to Netflix, here's what you're supporting
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you give your money to Netflix, here's what you're supporting Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Susan Rice deal caused me to cancel a while ago. She made $286,000 a year on the Board of Directors of Netflix.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...rd-Netflix-year.html

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Another in the camp of "you want obamas? ... you can keep your netflix." Cancelled as soon as they signed them up and never looked back. Netflix said the signing was nothing political. My cancellation wasn't political either. Purely personal.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I dumped them a while back. Can’t even recall the reason why right now, but good riddance to them.

Thanks Para.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6364 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
cancelled

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I dropped Netflix the beginning of June and made sure they knew why in the comments box.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I realize this won't appeal to everyone, but PureFlix is a worthy alternative with clean content. It is a Christian-based service. Many of the movies and mini-series have first-rate production, acting, etc, but some do not.

Posts: 8597 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will be checking out the PureFlix tip, thanks. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I never had Netflix, and now for sure I never will.

Same here! I like "old" western movies, of the John Wayne vintage. I watch them online when I can find them for "free". That is getting harder as it seems someone is buying up the rights and then charging to watch them.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: October 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I have had Netflix for a long time but haven't watched it in a couple of years. I never did cancel the subscription, just stopped watching. Not really bright on my part, cancelling it now.

Posts: 7521 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about dumping them since they created the show "13 reasons" glorifying teen suicide (IMO).

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3569 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I dumped them a while back. Can’t even recall the reason why right now

I remember a lot of folks dumping them awhile back because of content change, in fact, I think their stock price fell because of this. Some of my son's college friends who had subscriptions all dumped it at that time. I remember when The Irishman was announced, I was intrigued, but ended up not watching it because it was only available on Netflix. I knew El Camino, the Breaking Bad film, originally on Netflix, was going to be on AMC, but I did watch it it on my son's computer, a file download. But I did eventually see it again on AMC in full H.D.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Watch Nickelodeon sometime. During kids cartoons there was a 5 minute commercial with kid stars begging kids to be gay because its brave.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Jeezus Christmas!! You HAVE to be kidding me!! Eek What a sick, twisted, heathen, immoral world this place has been ALLOWED to become...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11043 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its not just Netflix. The LGBTQ agenda is easily seen on most channels.
I would imagine that most of you have seen the "step up to prep up" commercial by now.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
We used Netflix until the wife discovered their association with Obummer. She couldn't cancel it fast enough. No way will we contribute to those vile trash.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10894 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I remember a lot of folks dumping them awhile back because of content change, in fact, I think their stock price fell because of this.

What's happening is the traditional content providers are pulling all their content into their own streaming services (most recent example being Disney), so Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. have had to embark on creating their own.

Some of Netflix' in-house content is very good (e.g.: Ozark, Altered Carbon, Space Force, The Witcher, Another Life, The Umbrella Academy, Longmire, etc.). Some of it just meh. Some of it I wouldn't watch for all the money in the world.

As for some of what many of you regard as their more objectionable content: Look around and you'll find the same with anything and everything connected to Hollyweird: Amazon Prime, Disney+, and probably Apple TV+. Then there's network broadcast TV. Remember how ABC (Disney-owned) cancelled Last Man Standing but kept Modern Family? But I'm not gonna let that make me stop watching Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Never mind every last one of their "news" shows are mostly blatant leftist claptrap.

If I stopped watching every entertainment source because of content they have with which I disagree, political positions they support, or what-have-you, I might was well kick the TVs to the curb, because there'd be precious little to watch other than old re-runs of Home Improvement and Bonanza.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
^^ This ^^

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah. "This" Roll Eyes

Cable and satellite systems no longer exist. They've vanished and you have nothing to watch.

Horse shit

Don't rationalize your support of these assholes. You just keep paying Netflix and tell yourself that it's OK, but don't try to tell us.

Posts: 107227 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I stopped watching every entertainment source because of content they have with which I disagree, political positions they support, or what-have-you, I might was well kick the TVs to the curb, because there'd be precious little to watch other than old re-runs of Home Improvement and Bonanza.

My wife and kids are working their way through Full House, and that's about it.

We've basically stopped watching anything new. There's nothing I'm missing that could possibly make me feel FOMO enough to subscribe to the services out there.

It's just so goddamn sad. A lot of this stuff used to be a common thread that tied Americans together.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9141 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Wife and I no longer pay for Direct TV or Cable or any streaming service. At one point we were paying around $180 a month for nothing but FECES on TV.

Now we have an OTA antenna, we still have nothing but FECES on TV, but we are paying $0 a month.

I had Netflix, I dropped it some time ago, rest assured, I will not re-new my Netflix subscription.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post