SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you give your money to Netflix, here's what you're supporting
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you give your money to Netflix, here's what you're supporting Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
...and if anyone around here gives you a hard time about having a Netflix subscription, you need to understand that I'm not going to intervene, so you might want to keep that information to yourself.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They are BHO worshippers. Nuf said.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Seems like this agenda driven shows could be said of all media today. Don't think there's a source of teletainment that isn't tainted with some kind of Social Agenda, schools, tv, social media, it's everywhere.

Like everything parents need to pay attention and be the controlling information provider for kids. Its hard, difficult and time consuming, which is why it's done this way.

Kids that don't bite who have parents that get with them to teach them can get ostracised at school socially.

Part of why COVID's having kids schooled at home might be a blessing, provided the parents are getting involved, seeing whats being taught.

Don't agree with it, don't like it either.

We have Hulu, DirecTv, figure it won't be long until something is on those as well..

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a sub through my son, but that's since been resolved in the proper fashion. No yelling or remonstrations, he was cooperative.

I chalked it up to his being young and going with the crowd. Good kid, doesn't have a carry permit yet, but does have a P229 / 9mm & zero Netflix $$.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
They are BHO worshippers.
Yes, briefly, I had a Netfilx subscription a year or so ago. I started out with the free thirty days because I wanted to watch the film The Highwaymen. Also, I got to watch the Chappelle special and that was worth it. I continued on with a paid subscription for two months but that was about the time they started the relationship with the Obamas and as soon as I became aware of that, I cancelled immediately. Netflix wants you to give them a reason why you're cancelling and I sure the fuck told them, oh yes I did. Mad

Cancel your Netflix subscription, guys. If you're on this site, you're likely a gun-owning, conservative Trump voter, and they hate you. Don't give these people your money.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Like everything parents need to pay attention and be the controlling information provider for kids.
You miss the point. It doesn't matter if little Johhny or Suzy ever sees that horse shit. It doesn't matter in anyone ever sees even one single second of those programs. The fact that Netflix puts out that fucking horse shit at all is reason enough to tell them to shove it up their ass.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, I also had them briefly years ago, before they became huge. But their available content sucks big time. Cancelled them and never looked back. The BHO deal was just a confirming nail in the coffin.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
They are BHO worshippers. Nuf said.

Yep, the Obamas have a production deal with them to produce movies. Which was the primary reason I avoided subscribing to Netflix, they pay Barry multi millions to produce bullshit, keeping them living the lives of luxury. They will never get a dime from me.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
AGAIN, someone posts in one of my threads and then deletes their post. Don't do that.

Here's my response to the phantom post:

You can buy hundreds of thousands of products through Amazon, and sometimes, as in the recent coronavirus nonsense, they are the only source of certain products. Netflix, on the other hand, offers TV shows and movies, and they are plenty of sources for "stuff to watch"

Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Used to regularly watch Netflix. I loved the old Midsummer Murder series and a couple other British series but stopped when the BHO union started and haven't been back sense. I know social engineering is going on but did not realize it had gotten this bad. Para, could you post a link to the video clip as I would like to pass it on to a couple family members who still subscribe.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Done. Canceled my subscription.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I have tried Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime. Netflix's user interface tops them all. But, because of their proclivities regarding politics, normalizing deviant sex acts, and other such disgusting content, I quit them long ago.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Like many, I had a Netflix subscription, to watch a couple of movies, shows, etc, that friends had recommended.

Watched this and that occasionally, and forgot.

Forgot every month that the charge went through to do something.

And my bad, continued to allow the monthly sub to be charged.

Enough.

Cancelled. And yes, as others will likely do, filled in the why are you leaving us.

... thank you ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Somebody get Dr. House! He wouldn't put up with that.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Let my subscription of several years expire beginning of July. I think I heard something like this was going on. I've recently taken up reading so I have less time for Hollywood.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I had Netflix for several years.
I dropped them earlier this year after taking a good look at the bulk of their original content.
It was not for me.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I never had Netflix, and now for sure I never will.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I've had it for quite a while, but I seldom watch it, as there are more and better offerings on Amazon. Even though Bezos is a DB, and supports BLM, at least they have some good stuff.
So I just canceled Netflix.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Tmobile was paying my Netflix but I switched away from them over a year ago and didn’t bother to resubscribe. You can find shows anywhere online now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
When word came out about the Obamas getting their deal with Netflix, the wife and I decided we wanted nothing to do with it. Netflix has been gone from our streaming lineup for over a year now, and we don’t miss it at all.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post