SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need some positive thoughts and prayers, fellas...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some positive thoughts and prayers, fellas... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
for my best buddy, John, over here in UK. Diagnosed with prostate cancer six weeks ago, he begins his chemotherapy régime on Friday morning. He is very positive about the whole deal, as are we all. His wife of forty-five+ years, too.

I'd really appreciate it if you could share the care we have here with us.

Thanks, and G*d bless you all, even the agnostics and atheists...

tac

Posts: 11314 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Prayers for John and his wife.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Inbound, brother.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your friend.

I've been there. I firmly believe that the "miracle" in my case was the treatment system used to eliminate my cancer.

It was a system called IMRT. Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy.

I did not use hard radiation. Rather it used X-ray to kill the cancer. Long process of 39 weeks driving about 60 miles a day.

Only side effect was some tiredness.

I still do PSA tests annually, just for insurance that it has not come back.

Good luck to your friend!

Don't know if they have that IMRT system over there, but worth checking out.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your friend.
Cancer sucks.
Lost my wife to it in 16.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for your friend, tac!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Prayers have been offered.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I pray he can recover. My dad has been through this. His was fairly aggressive and he did some shots and radioactive implants and has been good thus far. His PSA’s remain low.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound for John and family.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Yes, sir.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Done.

Fuck cancer!! I lost to many to it.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Will do, tac. God bless.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Tell him best of luck.

Hopefully they caught it early like in the case of both my Dad and my Uncle. Each had prostrate cancer and apparently all men will get it if you live long enough.

Posts: 3716 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for John and his wife.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 887 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
You got it, my friend.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent. That's why mine gets checked every 6 months.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for John and his Family.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish him a speedy recovery. Several of my customers had real good results with robotic prostrate surgery.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post