SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guess its no talking or begging your way out of this one.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guess its no talking or begging your way out of this one. Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
http://www.godanriver.com/news...ad-589863bb8a0c.html

Police: Reidsville man rear ends state patrol vehicle on U.S. 29

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
State trooper walked over to the driver and asked: "Do you have an ID"?

Driver replied: "'Bout what"?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No, no! That's "'Bout whut?"

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
appeared to be not paying full attention to the roadway

Ya think? Big Grin

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have my ID....why are you parked in the middle of the passing lane and that’s when the fight started.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
and that’s when the fight arrest started.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
NO, yer honor, that cop just threw it in reverse and backed right into me !!

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
In NC, there are no rules or regulations in the left lane.

It appears the trooper was moving slower than traffic. In the court of public left lane opinion, the trooper deserved what he got.

Dear NC. GTFO of the left lane, please. It's not your right once you cross state lines.

Edit: Bad attempt at sarcasm. The "court of public left lane opinion" swipe is aimed squarely at the gold Lincoln towncar driver. NC drivers being what they are in absence of a left lane law will not yield the left lane for even a stopped patrol car.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MitchbSC,

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
In NC, there are no rules or regulations in the left lane.

It appears the trooper was moving slower than traffic. In the court of public left lane opinion, the trooper deserved what he got.

Dear NC. GTFO of the left lane, please. It's not your right once you cross state lines.

"At approximately 1:08 p.m., Trooper xxxxx Jr. was blocking traffic to help a responding tow truck remove a vehicle involved in a crash."

Not sure he got what he deserved, other than the court of public left lane opinion joke.

Hitting a LEO vehicle performing an emergency task is akin to touching a LEO's sidearm. It's just not done!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are State Police called troopers rather than Police Officers?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
different level of training and power. Like how a Deputy atleast in GA has arrest powers throughout the state, a college police officer from UGA doesnt really have arrest powers outside of UGA campus grounds. (I would not recommend trying this though.)

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No, the name "Trooper" has nothing to do with authority or jurisdiction.

Early state police in the US were organized as military-style horse-mounted cavalry. (Similar to mounted police forces in other countries, like the Canadian Mounties, Australian Mounted Police, Cape Mounted Police in South Africa, etc.)

Just like military cavalry, State Police subunits were known as "Troops", and the men were referred to as "Troopers". Many state police agencies are still divided into Troop sub-units, which each Troop being assigned to a different portion of the state, and based out of a "Barracks" in that region.

Even once horses were replaced by automobiles, the Trooper term was carried on, along with some of the other traditional military-style cavalry accouterments, like knee-high riding boots, jodhpur riding breeches, and campaign hats.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
"You got a nice suit at home or do you like coming to work everyday dressed like you're goin' to invade Poland?"

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

And it goes to show you how stupid the court of public opinion is if actually reading the article is true.

quote:
At approximately 1:08 p.m., Trooper Danny A. Burgess Jr. was blocking traffic to help a responding tow truck remove a vehicle involved in a crash.

I guess it goes to show you that there needs to be "reasonable common sense restrictions" placed on access to the internet. That way so many idiots won't be in such a hurry to post their opinion, only to confirm to us that they are idiots. I vote for an elaborate permitting system by which the permitee has to take "reasonable" 16 hour training classes on how to use the internet responsibly. Then, once the training is complete, they have to apply to their county sheriff for a "may issue" permit. Then a $200 tax stamp on every internet connection.

Maybe a 10 post limit per 30 days once the permit is in place, and they have waited 58 weeks for their tax stamps to come in. It's for the children and whatnot.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Florida has the "Move Over" law where you are supposed to either move over a lane when LE or emergency vehicles are stopped on the shoulder or in a lane of travel, or at least slow down to 20mph below the posted speed limit if that is not possible. They even try to remind people on the electronic boards that have been installed on most major roadways. Unfortunately, too many people still don't do it and it really ticks me off.

This trooper was an acquaintance of a good friend of mine that I had met prior to this incident:

http://www.wftv.com/news/local...it-injured/287973761

https://www.clickorlando.com/n...ng-struck-by-vehicle

As you can imagine, this avoidable incident was a huge impact to his life but he pushed through the pain, treatment, healing, and the difficulties to finally be able to return to work after more than two years! People just need to plain pay attention, follow the rules of the road, and be more careful!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
My previous post was a poor attempt at sarcasm. I should have included a smiley. Sorry.

I read the article and knew the patrol car was parked. I also drive in 4 states when the left lane is invariably gummed up by an NC plate. Last I checked, there is no left lane law in NC. The driving manners show it. There was a bill in the NC legislature last year. HB827. It got pulled from the legislative calendar in June 2017.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
Florida has the "Move Over" law where you are supposed to either move over a lane when LE or emergency vehicles are stopped on the shoulder or in a lane of travel, or at least slow down to 20mph below the posted speed limit if that is not possible.

AZ has this law, too. But it gripes me many people do not seem to know about the alternative (slow down to 20 mph). On a two lane highway, they will come over right into my lane, making me either stop or take to the shoulder. If you cannot move over a lane, take option 2.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
My previous post was a poor attempt at sarcasm. I should have included a smiley. Sorry.

I read the article and knew the patrol car was parked. I also drive in 4 states when the left lane is invariably gummed up by an NC plate. Last I checked, there is no left lane law in NC. The driving manners show it. There was a bill in the NC legislature last year. HB827. It got pulled from the legislative calendar in June 2017.

Word, Cotton!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
different level of training and power. Like how a Deputy atleast in GA has arrest powers throughout the state, a college police officer from UGA doesnt really have arrest powers outside of UGA campus grounds. (I would not recommend trying this though.)

I'll bet you are going to tell me next that the FBI is an elite law enforcement agency,lol. Just kiddin, but I do get a laugh when I hear people say things like "the State Police have more power or are better trained or are the real police" or when they want to report me to the State Police,lol. I had a guy tell me that once. I told him to hold on while I look up their telephone number for him.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post