SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pine board curled up
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pine board curled up Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The carved pine board seems to have settled a bit. It got straighter overnight but it's not flat as it should be.

The poplar cupped a tiny bit when I carved one side but when I carved the other side it seemed to pull straight.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Here is the pine after it cupped:

And here's what I was making:

I've still got to sand and apply finish to it.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! That looks great Mark.

Thanks for posting this. It may help save this (less skilled) fellow wood workers some grief in the future.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
Wow! That looks great Mark.

Thanks for posting this. It may help save this (less skilled) fellow wood workers some grief in the future.
Hey, thanks. If you have a CNC router and a couple of hours there is a tutorial on YouTube from Legacy CNC.

I've used pine to do other things and it was fine. This was just too thin and the lumber was pretty low quality. I guess you should not try to go less than .75".

This was my first try with hardwood and I'm digging it.

posted Hide Post
Man, that looks awesome!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Man, that looks awesome!
Thanks. I'm just learning to use CNC so I got a small machine. My biggest issue is clamping. When I build a big machine, I'll definitely include a vacuum table system.