SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford builds it's 10 millionth Mustang
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford builds it's 10 millionth Mustang Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
Man,....that's a lot of Stangs! 54 years in the making.

https://news3lv.com/news/auto-...10-millionth-mustang

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Good job Ford! I like them but never owned one.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7070 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I've never really cared for Mustangs, but I think they finally got it right with the Coyotes. Those cars are impressive, and I hope they keep up the good work for another 10 million cars.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Good job Ford! I like them but never owned one.
I'm in my 4th. First was brand new in 1966, sold (in Iran) in 1971. Second was brand new in 1986, sold in 2006 (Daily Driver for 20 years). Third was a rebuilt 1966 bought in 2004 and still have. Last was bought new in 2006 and is my current Daily Driver.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Ford Motors

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I’ve had 3 total still have 1.
Will have more.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. Had two myself. Brother has a 67 Fastback and dad has a 65 coup.

Now only if Ford stock will go up a bit...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
the first car I ever bought with my own money was a 1994 Mustang i bought in november of 1993.

it was the first year after the fox body...the dealer offered me a convertible V8 Fox Body 1993 for the same price i paid for the 1994, but i couldn't afford the insurance difference.

I drove the 1994 for over 200,000 miles. I loved that car....i fell in love with my wife in that car driving down the blue ridge listening to Thunder Road....drove away from the Army in it, my wedding in it, from my Dad's funeral in it, and home from the hospital with my first son in it

I finally donated it in 2011 to the Order of the Purple Heart...it hurt to see it go

we currently have a 2016 eco boost that i love....zippy, great gas mileage, and comfortable for both me and son #1 (i am 6'5, he is 6'8). Son #1 will now claim it as his own for his daily driver, and i have to find something else more family friendly for kids 2 and 3, and probably with 4 wheel drive

it will hurt me to see that car go Frown

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First car I bought with my own money was an '04 V6 Torch Red Mustang Coupe in 2008.

I was in an accident and it was totaled...but I didn't get a scratch. After that I was sold. Drove an '05 Windveil Blue Coupe after that, and then went backwards years later for a '97 Silver V6 Convertible.

I actually drive a '14 Camaro Coupe now, but someday I may go back to the Mustang!

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My wife had a shitty Mustang II when we were in high school. Weak, too small, and not a good driving car. Hers had an ugly half vinyl top.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I had a 72 bright red convertible that I bought in the BX in Vietnam for about $3000. Traded it off when my family started growing. I still miss that car.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I was privilaged to ride around in my friends '69 Mach 1, 4 speed, beautiful bright red with flat black hood with that thingy in the middle, 5 piece stainless steel wheels. I helped him with its engine rebuild. A beautiful car to say the least. I nearly traded my '82 Trans Am in on a '84 Mustang with 5.0 and 5 speed. The '84 was a snappy little ride. My TA was slow by comparison.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Only 5 million more and it will tie with the Model T.

Posts: 10899 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post