SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update request What State (s) is currently the most gun Friendly
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update request What State (s) is currently the most gun Friendly Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
I have been following that a republican Gov recently signed a Red flag law (if I'm not mistaken) in a no license needed carry state. Clearly anyone can dime out a person and put them in a world of shit.So with the changes in the past few years as a result of mass shootings and legislative knee-jerk reactions.
How does your state rank?
What are the most constitutional ones regarding the 2A

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Alaska
Wyoming

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31429 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Kentucky would be pretty high on the list

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Alaska
Wyoming

Sounds about right to me.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Pretty tough to find a more gun friendly state than Missouri.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Has Florida and Texas slipped?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta stick up for my state, West by GOD Virginny.

semper liberi montani

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Florida has historically been very gun friendly but with 65,000 New Yorkers moving to south Florida every year we have a constant battle to fight over gun rights. But we do have over 2 million CWFL licenses.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
https://www.gunsandammo.com/ed...or-gun-owners/369075

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MISSISSIPPI. The Governors race features shots of one candidate,reloading ammuniton,hunting and the like. The other candidates are seen with various firearms. The local constable race has the candidtate with Trump on one side, and her on the other with a pistol aiming at a nonexistent target. It is in the culture here.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
WV has cash and carry for hand guns and long guns, permit-less Constitutional concealed carry, and supportive law enforcement. No complaints here.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Indiana has lifetime carry permits and I think there's a state law that there must be a gunshow every weekend. Cash and carry private sales and no waiting period transfers. Smile

They did jump on the red flag bandwagon and passed one of the first. I haven't heard of it being abused yet but I'm very disappointed that our gop majority state gov. would knee jerk a redflag law. OMG...Just Do Something!

The way I understand it redflag can't be used to settle grudges but can only be initiated by someone with standing in a particular case. Still I expect abuse and am ashamed of my state government.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think it's a question of more than just the technicalities of the law but also the political climate where most of us live.
Georgia seems pretty good to me. The laws could use a little fine tuning but most of the state has law enforcement that is friendly to gun rights. Even in the urban and suburban areas where some politicians may not like us so much, the people that make the important decisions, police and prosecutors, are good with law abiding gun owners.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I'll back up what recoatlift and gearhounds said: West (by God) Virginia is very 2A-friendly.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
FL is very good but it's always a battle with the Northerns escaping NY and such invading South Florida yet still voting like dumb asses.

State pre-emption is high on my list of likes - post whatever NO GUNS signs you like, it has no force of law.

Detractors are the no-AR15s until 21 and needing a CCW to avoid the handgun waiting period.

But remember FL started the CCW revolution - you're welcome. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Ditto on Misouri.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Happy in PA.

Open carry is legal without a permit. No silly classes to get a CCW permit...just $20 every 4 years.

Buy whatcha want when ya want etc...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Texas isn't even close to the top.

Utah is about as good as it gets. All we're missing is Constitutional carry.

I can carry practically anywhere. Hospitals, schools (all schools, the University and my daughter's kindergarten alike), churches, bars...you name it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Idaho is pretty good. Shall issue state.
Basic Carry License - recip 25 states
Enhanced Carry License - recip 37 states (and allows carry on public college campus)
Non-resident License
Constitutional Carry - no license needed (which really allowed inside city limits, outside city limits was already legal)
Open Carry
Stand your ground
Can carry inside our state house
State preemption law (no local regulation, nor confiscation)

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Texas isn't even close to the top.

I still wonder why people are all like, “hurr durr, Texas has all the best gun laws”.

Quick way of letting me know they have zero idea of what they’re talking about.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post