SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hannity: Liberal 'fascism' trying to silence every conservative voice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hannity: Liberal 'fascism' trying to silence every conservative voice Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Here we go.

quote:
Sean Hannity late Monday blasted "liberal fascists" who he said are attempting to "silence" conservative voices after a former guest accused the Fox News host of propositioning her.

"I have to start by addressing a well-orchestrated effort by the intolerant left in this country that is designed to silence every conservative voice and by any means necessary," Hannity said during his monologue.

"Now, I’m speaking out tonight so that you, our audience, will understand what is really happening and what is at stake when it comes to freedom of speech in this country."

Hannity said there have always been efforts during his time at Fox News to "smear and slander and besmirch" him. But those efforts have not been as "intense and completely insane" as they are now, he added.

"It has only gotten worse in the age of President Trump," Hannity said.

"Now, it’s no secret I have been in supporter of the president and of course his policies. And quite simply, these liberal fascists — they can’t stand conservative voices."

Hannity said he has thick skin and is used to being attacked, but can no longer remain silent and "let the left slander against me slide."

"So, from now on, I want you to be informed of what I am doing and why I’m doing it," he said.

"If there’s any person or group or any organization, any media outlet that slanders, lies about me, besmirch as me and my character, I am going to be calling them out. At this point, enough is not."

His comments come on day after a conservative commentator said the Fox News host once invited her back to his hotel room after an event at a Detroit bookstore. The accusation came as allegations of sexual harassment continue to roil the network. Hannity on Monday vowed to sue the former guest of his program with "some of the finest and toughest lawyers in the country."

Hannity mentioned the accusations during his monologue. He said his breaking point happened this past weekend, when someone who has for more than a decade made "the most outrageous, unfair, untrue allegations against" him resurfaced by "making ridiculous and completely untrue claims."

Hannity strongly denied the claims by the woman, calling them "100 percent false and a complete fabrication."

"Now, in this fiercely divided and vindictive climate, I will no longer allow slander to go unchallenged, as I see this to be a coordinated effort afoot to silence those with conservative views," he said.

"I will fight every single lie about me about any and all legal means available to me as an American."

He said there is coordinated attempt to "silence the voice of every outspoken conservative in this country." Everyone who publicly supportd President Trump is a target, he said, and called for people to stop silencing opposition voices.

"Now, I’m not the only one that these liberal fascist routinely targeted. Like me, conservatives are monitored on radio and TV, every word they say — in contrary to the alt radical left stated position — they’re so open-minded, liberals," he said.

"Not true. Liberal fascism is a lie and well in America today. Their goal is simple: They want to shut up and shut down and silence all conservative voices by any means necessary."

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
Well, did he proposition her?
Did she produce any evidence or is this his word against hers?

-Loungechair

Posts: 674 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
His accuser appears to be backtracking. She apparently is now claiming Hannity never sexually harassed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does a " conservative commentator " equate to unwarranted attacks from the left?
O'Reilly trolled the water he sailed on, maybe Hannity has done so too?

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
How does a " conservative commentator " equate to unwarranted attacks from the left?

Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find that unlikely, with a more obvious answer coming to the fore.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107554 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Agreed, some of the article didn't make sense. The overall point was still valid.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The problem with a "he says, she says" situation is that the win almost always goes to "she" whether or not there is any evidence or truth in the accusation.

VP Pence's insistence that he never be seen in Public without his wife is a very good tactic.

flsahguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
The problem with a "he says, she says" situation is that the win almost always goes to "she" whether or not there is any evidence or truth in the accusation.
flsahguy

Unless you are a lib... then "she" usually doesn't bother, because no one cares.
Look at the way Bill Clinton's accusers were treated.
The double standard is palpable.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Hannity fan, but I know he's been on FOX News since the beginning--not a hint of scandal, until now. I believe him

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by FrankMoses,

quote:

Well one example would be the correction Huffpo issued in clarifying that his accuser is now saying she was not sexually harassed and that she was not invited to his hotel room. Looks like huffpaintpro smelled blood in the water and ran with it at first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
One of the most astonishing things about Trump's victory was that he has more ex-wives than everyone else who ran combined. It is a miracle that he came through unscathed. They tried to knock him off, of course. It's odd that a wealthy man like him, very active socially, made it through New York society for 40 years without a single complaint until he ran for President and appeared to be succeeding.

The attempted destruction of Clarence Thomas was a rare miss.

The Kennedys and Clinton get passes. One wonders who else is vulnerable.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
This has been a tactic to get rid of anyone that opposes the lefts way of thinking. Make up some unfounded (often unprovable) claim of sexual harassment or other such ambiguous nonsense and watch those around the "offender" stop supporting them, thus creating a toxic environment in which everyone tries to insulate themselves against such claims. It is psychological warfare 101. Rarely does any legal action protect those that have been smeared because once a public opinion has been made, it seldom changes!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I was surprised by that too JALLEN. I figured his ex wives would be an issue the Dems would use to their advantage but Trump somehow managed to make that a non issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Posted by FrankMoses,

quote:

Well one example would be the correction Huffpo issued in clarifying that his accuser is now saying she was not sexually harassed and that she was not invited to his hotel room. Looks like huffpaintpro smelled blood in the water and ran with it at first.

Please understand: I'm not bashing Hannity, I also agree with thinking he has done nothing wrong. And if he launches some lawsuits they should be against news outlets, not the woman "accuser".

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Posted by FrankMoses,

quote:

Please understand: I'm not bashing Hannity, I also agree with thinking he has done nothing wrong. And if he launches some lawsuits they should be against news outlets, not the woman "accuser".
Is your strategy "suing the deepest pockets"? Why wouldn't you go after your accuser?

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Wouldn't Hannity have to prove Huffpaintpro acted with malice to slander his name? How hard would that be to prove? If you managed to score internal Huffpo emails in discovery hell he might actually win such a case. Someone needs to infiltrate Huffpo and burn that mother down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was surprised by that too JALLEN. I figured his ex wives would be an issue the Dems would use to their advantage but Trump somehow managed to make that a non issue.

Who could have imagined that an ex-wife would pass up a chance to bitch about a former husband who married a younger, prettier woman? Who would have imagined two of them?

They must have confided to their friends some irritation, disappointment, he snores, he farts, he looks at other women, he leaves his socks in a heap, he works his valet to death..... something! Instead, nothing. We have to listen to phonies spouting made up indiscretions