SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ok, maybe not the greatest invention, but certainly in the top 10
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok, maybe not the greatest invention, but certainly in the top 10 Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Thank you Stihl, for the BR 700.

What use to take hours now takes minutes.

I have had it for 1 year and this thing is a BEAST!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, it superseded the BR-549. I had a dealer's sample one time. 'Course, the BR-700 makes the BR-549 look like junior.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
SaaaaaaaLUTE!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, it superseded the BR-549. I had a dealer's sample one time. 'Course, teh BR-700 makes the BR-549 look like junior.

I see what you did there ^^^^^
Cool

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What a LuLu!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did it come with the picatinny mounting hardware for the AR15 bayonet option?

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My B-I-L has one for his business. Phenomenal, and meant for business!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, it superseded the BR-549. I had a dealer's sample one time. 'Course, the BR-700 makes the BR-549 look like junior.

I thought there was a turbo upgrade to the -549.

ETA: Nope... recalled. It was causing hurricanes.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Thank you Stihl, for the BR 700.

What use to take hours now takes minutes.

I have had it for 1 year and this thing is a BEAST!!!

Yep! Leaf blowers in that class are a wonder to behold. I have a BR-600, only because the 700 hadn't been released yet. Still, the 600 is fantastic, too!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Stihl, for the BR 700. It is as close to a rocket pack I have had. It is so much better than the handheld units. I wish I could use it to clean under the seats on my Bus.. But I think the fumes might not be good inside.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Still rocking the BG55. Roll Eyes

My wife will not allow me to purchase a backpack blower. One of these days I'm going to have her blow out the gardens and around the trees so the leaf vac will be able to get it.

Still.... it beats a rake...

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
blow em in a pile with the BR700 and I'll come along with my Predator Pro loaded with Gator G6s and turn em to dust. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Cool

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm going to continue to "make do" with my ±30-year-old Tanaka backpack blower, which was the "Cadillac of leaf blowers" at the time, but I use it rarely, now, because the little Echo hand-held I bought last year does nearly the same job.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm glad someone knew what a "BR700" was--I didn't (but do now).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The first demo was the Mustang Ranch! Smile

Nobody knew except for the noise. Frown

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
As advertised...not only for blowing the neighbors leaves back into his yard but dog do do as well. CAUTION Do not use this near the roof on your house or you may be missing some shingles.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
P-220 I remember reading the thread when you bought it and I googled some videos and was throughly jealous. My BR400 does the job but I bet the 700 would cut it in half.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn... 2 for the price of one...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post