SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any members familiar with Kansas economy and taxes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any members familiar with Kansas economy and taxes? Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
I see a lot in the news in the liberal media now about how the Trump tax plan is modeled after the plan tried by Gov. Brownback. Of course, they portray the Kansas plan as a massive failure of supply side economics.

So what is the situation in Kansas? I assume it is not what the media is telling us. I haven't seen any rebuttals in the conservative press.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Kansas is 1B in debt running it on a straight conservative model. So much so that they defunded the schools and the schools sued the state and won twice now. However, Brownback did inherit somethings from Sebelius but things aren't working out so hot.

I would think modeling it off of Indiana might be a better choice.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
debt running it on a straight conservative model. So much so that they defunded the schools and the schools sued the state and won twice now. However, Brownback did inherit somethings from Sebelius but things aren't working out so hot.

I would think modeling it off of Indiana might be a better choice.

What did Kansas do differently?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Apologies, lost track of this one. This article from July sums it up nicely and compares us to surrounding states with the experimental taxcuts on small businesses. I know many right side republicans who hate brownback.

One unknown of course is the difference in economic momentum. The last administration kept rates artificially low in hopes people would spend thier money since there were no interest rates to earn by saving. That proved incorrect across the globe as people earned negative interest vs taking thier money out of banks.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/b...t-crashes-and-burns/

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post