SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    X-Products CEO and his wife appear to be squishy on our rights
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Products CEO and his wife appear to be squishy on our rights Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
FNBO announced this today, I'm in the process of closing my account:

quote:

First National Bank ends relationship with NRA

First National Bank of Omaha, a major issuer nationally of credit cards, said Thursday it would end its relationship with the National Rifle Association.

The bank issues NRA-branded cards as part of its business that brands First National cards with organizations’ logos, like Visa cards issued under the Scheels, Chrysler and Best Western brands. So a Best Western Rewards MasterCard, for instance, is actually issued by First National of Omaha; same goes with the NRA Visa Personal Credit Card.

The bank wouldn’t disclose details about its relationship with the NRA, including for how long it’s been established, what financial terms exist or the number of NRA-branded cardholders.

First National spokesman Kevin Langin said “customer feedback” caused the bank to review its dealings with the NRA. The bank is “not going to renew the contract” when it comes to co-branded NRA cards, Langin said. He wouldn’t say when the contract expired.

The bank posted a note on its Twitter and other social media pages Thursday afternoon. Langin verified the posts were accurate. “Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA. As a result, First National Bank of Omaha will not renew its contract with the National Rifle Association to issue the NRA Visa Card,” the posts said.

The NRA didn’t have an immediate comment when contacted by The World-Herald.

http://www.omaha.com/money/fir...d5-3e7712863459.html

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I have one of those NRA VISA cards from FNB.
Looks like I'll be closing that account and letting them know why.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Fuck these assholes sideways. (Pardon my French.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I don't have any of their products, but did send a note to Brownells customer service with my account number so they know I'm a customer and and asked them to send that crap back and drop it from their line up.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
They sell fucking flame throwers! If my wife and I sold flame throwers, I’d count the money and keep my fucking mouth shut. Scumbag hypocrites.

Posts: 540 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed watching him crawfish around what his wife was up to. He threw her under the bus.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've been looking around the web today about this. The more I look, the angrier I become.

This jerk says:
quote:
My philosophy is simple, if you have nothing to hide then why be concerned, everyone in this country should be given an equal right to own whatever they want, however there should be a regimented and well-regulated structure to how you should achieve those rights.
"given"? You're going to "give" me my Constitutional rights?

A "regimented and well-regulated structure to how you should achieve those rights"?

Let me tell you how I "achieve" my Constitutional rights, professor: My heart beats. My lungs fill with air. I am alive and I am an American citizen and no one- and that includes you and your trendy west coast buddies- is going to "give" me what I possess and have possessed for every single second of my life since I came out of the womb.

Arrogant, clueless, and ungrateful. That's what I see in you, and that's being kind about it.

Step away from the mirror for a second and take a gander at this old thing.

And by the way- "Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Idiocy. And he keeps doubling down.

He honestly believes that the reason for the public backlash is that we just don't UNDERSTAND what he means. Not that his opinions are shit, and particularly offensive shit coming from someone enriching himself on the back of the Second Amendment...

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Malarkey shot himself in the foot, and every time he's tried to "clarify" his statements, he's shot himself again, each time a little higher.

Pretty soon he'll shoot himself right in the heart, using nothing but his mouth.

Now that he's destroyed his own business, what will he do for a living? Like anyone here cares. Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
QVC can always use a smooth operator like that guy.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
X-Products released a statement halfway condemning and defending moron but nothing about him stepping down. They’re deleting comments on their Farcebook page. There’s an enormous thread on Arfcom about this. If they don’t force moron to step down it’ll be Ex-Products.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
If they don’t force moron to step down it’ll be Ex-Products.

Hehe

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a hypocritical douchebag. Never bought their product now I never will. I love the attempt to distance himself from wife’s statements. Enjoy the couch dumbass. BTW, wonder if wife had problem spending money earned from sales? Doubt it. Fuck them.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Just sent dewey (their VP of sales) a heartfelt email.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh I bought a Can Cannon from these clowns last summer. Lots of fun but I hate that they probably used the money for moonbat stuff.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
X-Products released a statement halfway condemning and defending moron but nothing about him stepping down. They’re deleting comments on their Farcebook page. There’s an enormous thread on Arfcom about this. If they don’t force moron to step down it’ll be Ex-Products.

Near as I can tell malarkey owns X-Products and some other companies. Reading what in the the link below this glaring shallow elitist is full blown tool.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...bsequent-retraction/

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Which other companies?

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Which other companies?
I do not know yet looking into it. Going by the statement in above link.

quote:
Been an active member of the gun industry for the last 13 years, manufacturing, and delivering through my companies over $20,000 million (not sure what that number is) in gun parts and accessories over that time.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
Guys,

This fella has made twenty thousand million dollars.

He obviously knows what he is talking about.

I’ve never done twenty thousand million anythings.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
...and delivering through my companies over $20,000 million (not sure what that number is) in gun parts and accessories over that time.

$20 billion? That's a lot of accessories.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post