SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    National Battery Day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Battery Day Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Don't forget, today (February 18th) is National Battery Day.

I'm gonna take off work and go to watch the parade.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A TIL (today I learned) on Sigforum.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I didn’t even know it, yet I ordered AA and AAA batteries this morning. What are the odds of that? 50/50?

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will honor my battery by starting my tractor with a hand crank.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Do I need to give my address & phone #?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna charge some Eneloops today.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna order some tiny little silver oxide button cells for my LaserLyte Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Presidents Day is for suckers.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:

Where did "Presidents' Day" come from? I remember, as a school kid, Lincoln's birthday on February 12 and Washington's birthday on February 22. I don't remember when they disappeared and Presidents' Day took their place.

I also remember that with the exception of Thanksgiving, most holidays did not float around. They were on a fixed date and were not shuffled around arbitrarily to fall on a Monday. National Battery Day, for example, is February 18 every year. It's the anniversary of Alessandro Volta's birth (1745).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Are we talking changeable/non-chargeable type batteries?

Or... Artillery Batteries!? Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
Are we talking changeable/non-chargeable type batteries?

Or... Artillery Batteries!? Big Grin
Batteries are batteries. We are celebrating a non-denominational Battery Day. All batteries are welcome to participate, except for assault and batteries.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
In honor of National Battery Day, I charged the batteries in my battery chargers. Seriously. 2 X Antigravity XP1 Microstarts.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Where did "Presidents' Day" come from? I remember, as a school kid, Lincoln's birthday on February 12 and Washington's birthday on February 22. I don't remember when they disappeared and Presidents' Day took their place.

I also remember that with the exception of Thanksgiving, most
holidays did not float around. They were on a fixed date and were not shuffled around arbitrarily to fall on a Monday. National Battery Day, for example, is February 18 every year. It's the
anniversary of Alessandro Volta's birth (1745).

Ok, I get your point, I was merely attempting a humorous aside in the spirit I assumed this thread was meant. Lesson learned, I suppose.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lowes had a battery deal, going on till the end of the month:
Buy 15 bucks worth of Energizer batteries, get a 5 dollar gift card back.
All done on-line, including the e-mailed gift card.
I had to spend my gift card on a new snow shovel! Frown

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I also remember that with the exception of Thanksgiving, most
holidays did not float around. They were on a fixed date and were not shuffled around arbitrarily to fall on a Monday. National Battery Day, for example, is February 18 every year. It's the
anniversary of Alessandro Volta's birth (1745).
Ok, I get your point, I was merely attempting a humorous aside in the spirit I assumed this thread was meant. Lesson learned, I suppose.
Not a problem, club. I misread your post, thought you were serious, so I responded in kind. No worries.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
As in Assault and Battery Day? Great idea! Sorry did not read the entire thread, Vtail.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Dang, I cleaned my battery terminals yesterday, crap should have waited. I hope my batteries will forgive me.....

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't forget, today (February 18th) is National Battery Day.

It's the equivalent of Black Friday for private injury attorneys! Big Grin

Battery:
i. Unlawful;
ii. Application of force;
iii. To another person;
iv. That causes bodily harm to that person or constitutes an offensive touching.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If I took a D Cell and threw it at somebody, I would be charged with battery, but the dead batteries would be given away free of charge.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I thought it was national matress day?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post