SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Proclaimed ISIS follower calls 911 and demands cops show up, they show up, he pulls knife, aaannnd he's down.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proclaimed ISIS follower calls 911 and demands cops show up, they show up, he pulls knife, aaannnd he's down. Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
That is way more backpedalling by the cop than I would ever have been willing to bet on.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice tactical beard, looks well groomed,
should have spent the money on a vest

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
“Two hot ones”... lol Big Grin

Gives new meaning to "Three hots and a cot"

That Sgt showed a lot of restraint letting ISIS-boy get so close.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job, Sergeant! You did exactly what you were supposed to do.

Posts: 516 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: October 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
What was that, yodeling?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
He wanted to commit suicide but wanted to get martyr props at the same time. He was standing close enough at the beginning of the video to have attacked the officer before a gun could be drawn, IMO. If he really wanted to stab the officer, he could have. Trying to sneak his way to his 72 virgins.

Now he gets 72 cell mates who just might wish to love on him.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

Gives new meaning to "Three hots and a cot"

That Sgt showed a lot of restraint letting ISIS-boy get so close.

Average of 17 feet, for someone who knows what they're doing, to kill you with an edged weapon. Even after they're dead.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardokid11:
Rock throwing prick got what he deserved IMO.

If it came to a grand jury I doubt that throwing rocks would be considered sufficient reason to shoot the prick. Unless they were a lot bigger rocks than he was throwing. But when the knife came out that changed the rules. Knife-wielding prick got what he deserved IMO.

Apparently ISIS recruiters don't tell their recruitsvictims the one about not bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunfan:
Good job, Sergeant! You did exactly what you were supposed to do.

Should he have been backing up?

I'm not an expert, just curious, seems like if he tripped or anything it could have gone bad.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Calm. Cool. Collected.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Another clip for the "HMFT" (Hold My Feeding Tube) Anthology.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Another member joins the “Hollow point” hangout.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
That is way more backpedalling by the cop than I would ever have been willing to bet on.

I'm not going to claim to know how to do the job, because I've never been a cop, much less in a situation like that, but, yeah: I don't think I'd have been comfortable backing around like that.

Tremendous restraint on the cop's part.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

I'm not going to claim to know how to do the job, because I've never been a cop, much less in a situation like that, but, yeah: I don't think I'd have been comfortable backing around like that.

Tremendous restraint on the cop's part.

I put it poorly, but that's really what I meant.

I'd have expected to be shot long before he gave "two hots" to that fellow.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardokid11:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by thunderson:
I don't understand how it went so bad for him. He had his tactical flip flops and everything.[/QUOTE

Rock throwing prick got what he deserved IMO.

A bit less than what he deserved I think.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cop knew he was doing a lot of backpedaling and that it is not tactically "optimum." I'm sure it was a small calculated risk to try and save this mentally ill wacko's life (and him from having to live with shooting someone). He does scan to make sure he is just dealing with this single clown.

I think this was more on the mentally illness/suicide by cop end of the spectrum than committed terrorist. He really took a long time to work himself up to even throw the rocks and then never charged with the knife. Committed terrorist would have lunged with the knife from the start when the officer's gun was still holstered yelling about the snack bar.

No sympathy from me though, insh-Allah.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This officer seems highly aware of the current political climate concerning firing a weapon, hence the backpedaling, I suspect.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
This officer seems highly aware of the current political climate concerning firing a weapon, hence the backpedaling, I suspect.

Thank you. I was trying to figure out the correct way to express my opinion on that and you said it perfectly.

As for the suicide by cop, I have a different take. Suicide takes a certain level of commitment.

What I saw in this guy was a coward with no commitment. A wannabe jihadist that punked out at the last minute after being confronted by a real soldier with commitment and only acted because he backed himself into a corner. And even then that action was half assed. He would have been better off staying in his bed in moms basement dreaming of being a soldier of islam and his rewards in the afterlife.

Instead he temporarily fucked up a good mans life trying to prove how committed he was........but wasn't. Fucking selfish prick.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Ya can't fix stupid but that was a good start. *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's a perfect description.

You'll know if you ever take one. Ouch.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post