SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dishwasher Recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dishwasher Recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
Well, our 5yr old Maytag dishwasher quit working. The electronics on the control pad are jacked up. There are about half a dozen parts it could be that would run about $100. Due to the age we have decided to get a new one since they only last on average about 7 years.

My wife is looking hard at GE dishwashers running just south of $500. We have had KitchenAid, Whirlpool, and Maytag before. The motor in the KitchenAid had to be replaced inside of one year under warranty.

Question:
What BRAND of dishwasher do you prefer for durability/reliability.

Choices:
Bosch
Samsung
LG
KitchenAid
Whirlpool
Frigidaire
Maytag
GE
Other...

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3625 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a Whirlpool employee... but have always had good luck with KitchenAid products. The last KitchenAid dishwasher I had would damn near eat anything. Had a garbage disposal in it, and liked dirty dishes. My family was so impressed, they all bought similar when the time came and have been pleased. I will buy another when the time comes. Sent you an email that may assist you.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will say that our Bosch has been awesome, and so quiet.

Posts: 102 | Registered: January 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Bosch for sure.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our wirlpool died last month. We replaced it with a 48 DB LG direct drive model 713598 that was on sale at Lowes and added the extended warranty. So far so good. Cleans our dishes in 33 minutes and is very quiet. Stainless steel insides. Plenty of room for our needs. Easy install. We’re happy.

Posts: 289 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Just got home from ordering a Bosch 39-dB dishwasher because I can't hear Brett Baier over the Whirlpool.
Have had several in rental houses and vacation home, worked very well, no major problems.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miele. It laughs at your seven years.

Or whatever ApplianceBrad sez.

Posts: 514 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I was not impressed with the Bosch I had in Calgary. No idea what year it was manufactured, but it was there when I moved in in 2014 and there when I moved out in 2016. House was built in 2006, but don't know if the dishwasher was original or not.

I had a Kenmore installed when I lived in Anchorage and it was excellent (cleaned well, quiet, and took a reasonable amount of time to clean). Whomever Sears contracted to build them in 2014 did an excellent job.

The 2016 GE in my current house gets everything clean and is quiet, but the GD energy efficiency bullshit makes a load take 3.5 hours.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
I voted other. When we redid our kitchen a few years ago, we got a Miele (Futura Dimension) dishwasher. Hands down the best appliance we have ever owned. Gets baked on stuff off like nothing I’ve ever seen. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a GE installed in either 2013 or 14, can't remember which. I hated that damn thing from the start. I had to run it on the heavy duty cycle to get it to clean even lightly soiled dishes. It had trouble drying anything, was pretty loud, and took forever. I could not use it on the auto cycle because there would always be food residue left on the dishes. I was actually happy when the thing gave up the ghost several weeks ago. It was a mid tier (aprox $400) unit.

My parents purchased a Bosch about a year after I got my GE and were happy with it so I went with Bosch for the replacement. Night and day difference. My dishes are clean, the unit is quite, and it dries well even without a heating element. It also has a third rack at the very top just for silverware (not exclusive to Bosch). That frees up a lot of space on the bottom rack and works really well. It did cost more, list was about $750 at Lowes but between a sale they had and my mil discount it ran me about $550.

Bottom line: I will never get another GE and highly recommend Bosch.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My parents have a Bosch, cleans well & is near silent.
Our house has a Frigidaire that is just adequate. Would not buy another to replace it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15246 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Lupe has been good, but I liked Maria better.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post