SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like I'm in real trouble now!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like I'm in real trouble now! Login/Join 
posted
Got a call last week from the IRS saying they were looking for me, then today I got a call from the Lee county sheriff's dept. wanting me to call them about a problem. So I'll be in hiding for a while. I hope that the congress critters don't find out about those secret calls that I made to that person in Russia then I really would be in a world of hurt. SCAM ALLERT they are everywhere!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, these issues are extremely common these days. I think this is perhaps the 4th time in the past few months that members have created a thread such as this.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
They are always good for a laugh though.

I got one of the IRS calls on the day I was going to court to probate my mother's will. I was sitting with my lawyer when my phone rang. I took the call, frowned, then hung up. Being a nice guy he asked me if everything was alright. I just replied deadpan, "That was the IRS. Apparently I'm in trouble." Short pause then both of us started laughing like loons in the middle of the courthouse hallway.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I got the call from one of the scammers that I had a warrant out for my arrest for not paying the IRS. I'm at work in the time, in the county dispatch center. Told them to come down the hall and take me away. Smile

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Was the IRS "agent" wearing the same thing as the Sherriff's "deputy?" Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Was the IRS "agent" wearing the same thing as the Sheriff's "deputy?" Wink

Probably posting without pants.... Big Grin

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope had on a loin cloth-Indian don't you know.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Response: " Mabel... throw a fresh belt in the Ma-Deuce and open a crate of grenades! The Gubmint is a comin'! YOU'LL NEVER TAKE US ALIVE!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

It might have been equally funny to call the listed number for the Sherrif's Dept and give them the number provided on the phone and let them have some fun with the scammers

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post