SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cancer Really Sucks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancer Really Sucks Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
had a difficult call with one of my friends and engineers yesterday

he is stage 4 terminal with less than a year

wants to keep working until the end (or when he just can't any more)

I hate this, I really hate this

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
I'm with you on this.

I've been treated for cancer and often wonder if planning for retirement is a plan I won't see through.

I hope your friend lives out his life on his terms.
Bless you and him too.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read of this, nhtagmember.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife passed from cancer on 15 August. Thought we had it beat in 2015. Cancer center gave her a clean bill of health after treatment for stage 3A endometrial cancer. Found out in October 2016 that it had metastasized into her liver and lungs. I'm lost without her and can only say that it is the most terrible disease in the world IMHO!

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. Prayer for a miracle for him.

Prayer for you too Camper. I am sorry to hear of your wife's passing. May God grant you some peace and comfort you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camper:
My wife passed from cancer on 15 August. Thought we had it beat in 2015. Cancer center gave her a clean bill of health after treatment for stage 3A endometrial cancer. Found out in October 2016 that it had metastasized into her liver and lungs. I'm lost without her and can only say that it is the most terrible disease in the world IMHO!

My condolences, which seem inadequate.

Posts: 12458 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camper:
My wife passed from cancer on 15 August.

Sincerest condolences, Camper.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Comdolences to your friend, Tag. Camper, sorry for your loss.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
+1 old rugged cross...

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sorry Camper

today is a bit better but I am still distracted a bit - reading the same things two or three times before I remember I've read it Smile

He is in good spirits and we are going to look after him - full salary and bennies for as long as it takes - not going to cheap out on him when he needs one less thing to worry about

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Please get educated on the symptoms; bloating, unable to keep food down; general uncomfortable feeling in the belly.

Many people mistakenly believe that a Pap smear test can detect ovarian cancer. In fact, there is no reliable routine screening test for ovarian cancer, so women with a family history of the disease or other risk factors should talk to their doctor about genetic testing and other steps to monitor or help reduce their risk.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cancer Really Sucks

Yes, and it also really blows.

Fuck cancer!

Sorry for your loss Camper. Frown

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post