SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please allow me to brag---I'm a Grand dad!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please allow me to brag---I'm a Grand dad! Login/Join 
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted
Our first grandchild was born to our daughter-in-law at 3:18 this morning. Madelyn Rose (Maddie) came in at 7 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches long.

My wife was in the delivery room and got to cut the cord. Both our son and DIL are active duty Navy, and our son was not able to be present for the birth because he is currently in OCS. Fortunately, he was at least able to Facetime during the delivery.

We are extremely proud of both of them for the way they handled the separation during these difficult times. Our son feels bad, not because he missed seeing the birth in person but because he was not able to be there to support his wife during the last stages of a difficult pregnancy.

Posts: 1648 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Mazel Tov!

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the world Maddie! She's a beautiful baby, and it sounds like you have a lot to be proud of.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! We our expecting our first grandchild one week from today!

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
congrats

Posts: 53417 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53150 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Congrats, these are the best of times to be enjoyed with many more to come.

Posts: 18086 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I one day hope to hold one of my mine.....Boo yah!

Posts: 590 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!

My favorite bumper sticker: "If I'd known having grand-kids was this much fun; I would have had them first"

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 181 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Congrats Pawpaw!

Posts: 3523 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Gramps! She's a cutie!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15340 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on this joyous occasion!

Posts: 13700 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all!

We found out we will become grandparents for the first time later this year. It’s a great feeling!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6385 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Grandpa!

I hope mom and baby are doing well.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1954 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Silent

Posts: 1047 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congrats to PAWPA > Now how does your wife like the GRANDMA title.....make sure that you spoil them good /fill them full of suggary things then send them home to the parents ..................drill sgt.

Posts: 2053 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

She's wondering what all the fuss is about.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38890 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I earned that title myself six weeks ago tomorrow... don't want to horn in on your thread here, but yeah, its a great feeling.

Spent the entire day with her today, and I still haven't landed yet. Smile

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3149 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9381 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post