SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gov. Jerry Brown of Ca.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gov. Jerry Brown of Ca. Login/Join 
posted
I just saw on Google News that moonbeam considers all of the Trump supporters as having the mentality of ancient cave dwellers!! WOW!! First we were deplorables, and now we are cave dwellers also. I always remember what my late father told me......when odd/crude/hurtful things are said, just consider the source!! That has always set me in the proper direction.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Considering all the demeaning thoughts expressed over the last ~40 years about Governor Moonbeam, and the antics he has pulled to deserve them, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Considering all the demeaning thoughts expressed over the last ~40 years about Governor Moonbeam, and the antics he has pulled to deserve them, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

They don't call him moonbeam without reason.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
The real cave dwellers are the mental midgets who voted him back into office

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This caveman wants a link? When I google it this is the only pertinent link.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Cool, so now I'm a deplorable cave dweller. Sounds like it's time for a new t-shirt to wear with pride. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can remember Johnny Carson cracking on him with some regularity.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Old Jerry just recently called us Trump supporters "troglodytes". A few months back, he called the 65% of voters who opposed his Transportation/Gas Tax law (which passed) "freeloaders". Ironic since he has been on the government teat his entire life.

Funny thing is that the next governor will be way more leftist than Moonbeam, 100% guaranteed. The shit that is going to happen in CA in the next 5 years will be staggering.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:

I can remember Johnny Carson cracking on him with some regularity.

Moonbeam was the biggest laughing stock Governor since "Pass the biscuits, Pappy" Lee O'Daniel.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0n5komkITM

O'Daniel was the only man who ever beat Lyndon Johnson in an election. He was a buffoon in the Senate, too.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Well...if my choice is Eloi or Morlock all I can say is......Mmmm pass the ribs!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4575 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onikuma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Well...if my choice is Eloi or Morlock all I can say is......Mmmm pass the ribs!

Wink

Mal: Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a little plastic rocket...

Posts: 896 | Location: city of fallen angels ;) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Good, that means we can come out of the cave, beat them with a club and rocks, and it would be acceptable.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
This caveman wants a link?

http://www.breitbart.com/calif...mate-change-meeting/

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Jerry needs another "go around" with Linda Ronstadt to get his head straight....or maybe NOT.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Brown seems to think people give a shit what he thinks.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
everytime I hear his name I get an earworm,

California uber alles

by the Dead Kennedy's

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The truly sad thing is, Brown is the most sane and sensible Democrat in California state government, as far as I can see. He has vetoed a number of über-whacky bills sent to him.

Posts: 18053 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
everytime I hear his name I get an earworm,

California uber alles

by the Dead Kennedy's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoA_zY6tqQw

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
He calls others names, yet doesn't notice when his own stae is going down the toilet? How will he pay for the entitlements for the 35 percent in his state collecting them?

quote:
CalPERS, California's state pension fund has $16.5 billion more in liabilities than assets. On top of the already bankrupt system, California is expected to receive a $51.8 billion bill for the state's retirees' healthcare in the next year.

Less than four years after declaring California’s budget balanced for the foreseeable future, Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday said the state is projected to run a $1.6-billion deficit by next summer — a noticeable shift in the state’s fiscal stability that could worsen under federal spending cuts championed by President-elect Donald Trump.
"The trajectory of revenue growth is declining," Brown said in unveiling his $179.5-billion plan for the fiscal year that begins in July.
The governor's sober assessment comes on the heels of several months of lagging tax revenue collections, a change in the state's fortunes that could stifle his fellow Democrats' call for additional spending and give fuel to Republican demands for additional cuts.
Brown's budget advisors lowered the official tax revenue forecast, in part, because of slower than expected growth in wages. They also reduced expectations for sales and corporate taxes because of broader national trends.

Amazing that they claim to be the superior party yet they can't help themselves from naming everyone not "just like them" with a derogatory name". They sound a bit juvenile.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
The truly sad thing is, Brown is the most sane and sensible Democrat in California state government, as far as I can see. He has vetoed a number of über-whacky bills sent to him.

Brown is a "kayak" gov -- paddle a little on the left, a little on the right, back in forth. But I think in time the left gets most of what it wants.

Seems to me Moonbeam's dad, CA Gov Ed Brown, assigned Moonbeam's sister, Kathleen to be trustee for the family estate as he didn't trust Moonbeam with money.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post