SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Memphis - body left in impounded van for 7 weeks.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memphis - body left in impounded van for 7 weeks. Login/Join 
posted
Long and short of it back in mid December two of our finest citizens were minding their own in their van when some other of our finest citizens attempted to rob them, shooting up their van in the process. The driver of the van was shot up and lived, passenger unharmed. Shooters of course got away. When drivers gets back on his feet to claim his van at the impound lot, they find a shot up decomposing body in the back that was undetected at the impound lot for these past 7 weeks. Both driver and passenger claim they were the only ones in the van at the time.
Memphis never ceases to amaze. Reckon the driver and passenger of the van are telling the truth?

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...micide-investigation

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing it will take more than Febreze to fix that up.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
that is some top notch police work.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My impound tow form would have read:
1 dead male in rear seat.
Be interesting to see how MPD explains this.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Somehow I get the feeling dope was involved. Frown

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Somehow I get the feeling dope was involved. Frown

Yup, sounds like more than a few dopes involved.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I'm guessing it will take more than Febreze to fix that up.

An electro-arc furnace will have a hard time.

The poor coroner's tech who got to deal with that mess deserves a bottle of Blanton's.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
I thought I smelled cabbage.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at the bright side-at least it didn't happen in August.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is like that scene from "Pulp Fiction."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Imagine the smell if it were seven weeks in July/August! Eek

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I wonder if, anytime during that seven weeks, he was reported missing by anyone.

Probably not.....

Rallings said investigators haven't identified the dead man, but mentioned he's Hispanic. Jones, the witness, also described the men she saw in the van as Hispanic.

Most Hispanics in Memphis are Mexican immigrants or children of immigrants, but Rallings said he didn't know if all three robbery victims in the van were Mexican immigrants.

For years, criminals have targeted Hispanic immigrants in Memphis for armed robberies, apparently believing that they're more likely to carry cash and that language barriers and fears of immigration enforcement will complicate police investigations.

https://www.commercialappeal.c...pound-van/311985002/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The number of interconnecting things that had to go wrong for this to happen is staggering. Bunch of folk are about to get some unpaid vacation time...

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
The number of interconnecting things that had to go wrong for this to happen is staggering. Bunch of folk are about to get some unpaid vacation time...

Of if they are Union...promoted.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
And my boss gets cranky when the TPS Report doesn't have the right cover sheet...

Posts: 2464 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Oh, I assure you, the bosses are cranky...

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
And my boss gets cranky when the TPS Report doesn't have the right cover sheet...

You will have to speak to the Bobs!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post