SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Slide chambering a round sound :)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide chambering a round sound :) Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Okay Sig Forum

Can I get the slide clambering a round as a notification for text or email?

Here ya go.

http://soundbible.com/1399-Chambering-A-Round.html

You can "google" the type of phone and how you upload and set a "notification".

If you need help, post back and someone will be happy to help you.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
The ring of a forged LRB M14 receiver chambering a round is total music to my ears.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
I'll go with my Marlin 336. Sounds like something big is about to go down.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Nothing sounds like the ping you get from closing the breech on a Browning Auto 5 shotgun.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
The ring of a forged LRB M14 receiver chambering a round is total music to my ears.

I'll be able to hopefully agree as soon as I can get the rest of the rifle build around mine. It's only been about 8 years or so. Frown

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
Racking the bolt and chambering a round on my AK always makes me smile. It does have a distinct sound.

And it is the preferred weapon of our enemies Big Grin

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the above PLUS-the tink-tink-tink-tink-tink of casing hitting the cement after squeezing off a string full auto. And the old smell (no longer) of a new Taurus 92 being unpacked from the wrapper and de-greased. Talk about "new car" smell!

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
From the movie Last Man Standing, Bruce Willis with his pair of 1911s, the 2 forged steel slides make a metallic shing when they slam home fresh rounds.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Not to forget the ability to send a man 40 feet with a shot to the chest.

I wanna know what .45 ACP loads that SOB is using.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
That's nothing compared to the smile on my face when I chamber a round in my pump shotgun. Cool

Sadly, I had to sell my shotgun, because I crapped my own pants with every CHACK-CHACK. Even knowing that's how a home invader would also react, it made for some awkward days at the range.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Is it just me or does anyone else love the sound of a glock 19 slide chambering a round ? Of all the guns I have shot, I think I like the sound the best. I know pretty weird Huh. Razz

I get it. NOT weird. I like the chambering sound, too, though I prefer the sound coming from my P229.

The chamber-area sound that I like best, though, is the "PING!" that my Garand rewards me with when it ejects its clip.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
^^^

Not to forget the ability to send a man 40 feet with a shot to the chest.

I wanna know what .45 ACP loads that SOB is using.
Why that was good ol' ball ammo.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I love the smell of burnt gunpowder and smoke while shooting as well as smell of hoppes or CLP when cleaning.

Damn it now I want to go to the range....

The last time I went to my range, I said loudly enough for everyone to hear, "I LOVE THE SMELL OF GUNPOWDER IN THE MORNING!" And, several people responded, "IT SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!" Then we all chuckled. Big Grin

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post