SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Slide chambering a round sound :)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide chambering a round sound :) Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
Is it just me or does anyone else love the sound of a glock 19 slide chambering a round ? Of all the guns I have shot, I think I like the sound the best. I know pretty weird Huh. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Is it just me or does anyone else love the sound of a glock 19 slide chambering a round ? Of all the guns I have shot I think I like the sound the best. I know pretty weird Huh. Razz
That's nothing compared to the smile on my face when I chamber a round in my pump shotgun. Cool

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
HK P7 cocking, subsonic suppressed (especially with water in the can) and the clang of a metal target seconds after the report of the gun are my top 3.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guns in general, the mechanical and engineering wonders that they are, do make cool sounds during their operation.

I like listening to the sound of the slide racking on my Beretta 92FS.

I also like hearing the buffer tube spring on my AR-15 rattling and twanging after taking a shot.

The sound that some mags make when they are dropping out of a pistol are cool.

The list goes on.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Racking the bolt and chambering a round on my AK always makes me smile. It does have a distinct sound.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Me, it's loading a round in a Winchester Model 94 30-30. Always thought that was the coolest sound.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK USP Expert. You can just feel and hear the fine German engineering at work.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful smells too.

Love the smell of a freshly emptied military ammo can. It smells like victory.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Chambering a round sounds great with any guns, not just the G19. It tells you the piece is good and ready for actions. Cool

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Wonderful smells too.

Love the smell of a freshly emptied military ammo can. It smells like victory.

---------------------------------

This.

I love the smell of burnt gunpowder and smoke while shooting as well as smell of hoppes or CLP when cleaning.

Damn it now I want to go to the range....

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I use to shoot IMHSA, I liked the sound of a 30-30 being loaded into my Thompson Conternder. Nothing like the sound of a bottleneck cartridge being stuffed into a single shot break action pistol.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:

...I also like hearing the buffer tube spring on my AR-15 rattling and twanging after taking a shot...

When it was first introduced during Nam that sound got the AR-15 its nickname: McBoing Boing, after the cartoon character Gerald McBoing Boing.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Hello, airsoft guy???

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Hello, airsoft guy???

Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
All of the above, but the one that absolutely guarantees a giggle out of me is shooting .22 shorts in my Henry lever.

"Pop."

Waiiiiittttt for it....

"Tink"

Hee hee hee hee...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Thumb cocking my Uberti 1873 Colts repro. Maybe just because I have heard that a thousand times in Westerns, always a dramatic moment.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
.22 suppressed sounds beautiful, hearing the slide/bolt moving and the round clambering. Damn I need HPA to pass, never jumped through the hoops to get one of my own. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
The M1 Garand ejecting a spent clip is a beautiful sound. I also enjoy the sound/feel of the K31 bolt action chambering a round.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Okay Sig Forum

Can I get the slide clambering a round as a notification for text or email?

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The sound of a single 5.56 case hitting concrete.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post