SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATF VAN on loan in Chicago
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATF VAN on loan in Chicago Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Have read that gangs now use their youngest members as shooters. The juvenile court system is very weak. Then guns aren't kept for a long time. They get passed around.
"criminals do not often buy guns on the used market, as they have a fear of buying a gun from a source they do not know. Fear of police stings, or from being turned in by law-abiding gun owners leads them to obtain guns from sources they trust, most often, family, fellow gang members, and other criminals. They also found that criminals do not hold guns for a long period, fearing that a gun could be traced to a specific crime."
https://www.nraila.org/article...s-from-legal-sources

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That's the thing that always got me about the "passing around" theory. If someone gets nabbed with the gun, wouldn't they pretty much be on the hook for any crimes that can be proven to have been committed with the gun? I wouldn't take a gangbanger's gun as a gift.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post