SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    McCain says Trump should skip his funeral, wants Pence to attend
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McCain says Trump should skip his funeral, wants Pence to attend Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Quit teasing us John.

“I don’t know how much longer I’ll be here,” McCain said in an audio excerpt of his forthcoming memoir.

John McCain, who has been battling an aggressive form of brain cancer for more than a year, doesn’t want President Trump to attend his funeral and prefers Vice President Pence to be there, according to a New York Times report.

In addition, former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama have been asked to deliver eulogies at McCain's funeral, sources close to both former presidents and McCain told CNN.

The 81-year-old Arizona senator underwent surgery for an intestinal infection recently and was joined at his ranch by his daughter Meghan over the weekend. Last July, McCain was diagnosed with glioblastoma, the same rare and aggressive brain cancer that killed Democratic Sen. Edward Kennedy and former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Beau.

“I don’t know how much longer I’ll be here,” McCain said in an audio excerpt of his forthcoming memoir, The Restless Wave, as NPR reports. The senator is also the subject of a nearly two-hour HBO documentary.

Biden spent 90 minutes at the ailing senator’s Arizona ranch last Sunday.

“Here John knows he’s in a very, very, very precarious situation, and yet he’s still concerned about the state of the country,” Biden told the Times. “We talked about how our international reputation is being damaged and we talked about the need for people to stand up and speak out.”

According to the Times, McCain’s closest family members have informed the White House that the current plan for his funeral is for Pence to attend the service to be held in Washington’s National Cathedral, but not Trump — with whom McCain has not had the greatest relationship.

The Arizona senator, who was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1986, cast a crucial vote against the repeal of ObamaCare in July, singlehandedly scuttling one of the Trump administration's major policy goals, a move that provoked the ire of Trump but earned him a thank you call from Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...pence-to-attend.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Right up to the very end, John's actions make me wonder how many people died in his POW camp because he was a collaborator.

I'm sorry if that is too soon, but the man hates America, and people like you and me. I have a feeling that his sense of need to betray this country didn't start with the election of Donald Trump.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
It’s his funeral and it’s his prerogative who he wants in attendance.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I don't wish ill on the man, but...

McCain can flat go piss up a rope. Hopefully Pence will snub the doddering old asshole.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
McCain never seemed more joyful than when he was being back slapped by Democrats for screwing the REPs and Donald Trump.

I remember when he killed the repeal of obamacare late one evening w his dramatic thumbs down right in McConnell's face.

McCain has been dominated and driven by personal hatred of Donald Trump.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
It’s his funeral and it’s his prerogative who he wants in attendance.

Show up and surprise him!

After all, if Trump doesn’t go to his funeral, McCain won’t go to his.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Why the hell is he still in office when he is clearly incapable of serving his constituents?

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Right up to the very end, John's actions make me wonder how many people died in his POW camp because he was a collaborator.

I'm sorry if that is too soon, but the man hates America, and people like you and me. I have a feeling that his sense of need to betray this country didn't start with the election of Donald Trump.

The more I learn about him, the more I think like this...

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
As an entrenched member of the establishment, topped off by being a never Trumper, the fawning will be incessant upon his demise. He crossed the aisle you know, which means he's essentially unprincipled. His shenanigans with the healthcare repeal is unforgivable. His petty nature exposed since the Donald entered politics, makes me question his "service"

My opportunity to express to him my regret for supporting him and casting my vote in his "run" grows short. I call it a "run" because I now question if he really cared if he won. Since he's on the establishment team, why would he be disappointed unless a non establishment candidate won. Like he was disappointed when that happened in 2016.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The original Manchurian Candidate.

I always thought it would be ironic that Trump would most likely speak at his funeral.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Despicable petty POS.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Trump and Pence should be golfing together during McCain's demisement ceremony.

Posts: 5199 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A sad, bitter man.
And of his choosing.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Isn't this a time in McCains life when he should be more concerned with his relationship with his creator rather than displaying his bitter views and hatred toward others.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I try very hard to never wish ill on anyone.....sometimes that is really tough to do. McCain needs to just shut the fuck up, and focus on his friends and family, not the MSM and politics.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just fucking die you POS.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my estimation, John McCain can stand straight when he meets his maker. He was beaten, tortured, starved and deprived of adequate medical care and he refused the North Vietnamese offer of early release in spite of the approval of his chain of command to do so. Injuries suffered during that time were permanent.

He's going to die soon. Lots of things will be said about him for good or bad. I can't ignore his courage in service to our country.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I don’t know how much longer I’ll be here,” McCain said in an audio excerpt
With any degree of luck, it will be measured in hours. At this point I view this man to be 'worse' than the Dem's. McCain has masqueraded as a conservative Republican while stabbing us in the back at every turn. And if I were Mike Pence, I'd respectfully decline an invitation to his funeral noting I was simply too busy to attend.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabibill:
In my estimation, John McCain can stand straight when he meets his maker. He was beaten, tortured, starved and deprived of adequate medical care and he refused the North Vietnamese offer of early release in spite of the approval of his chain of command to do so. Injuries suffered during that time were permanent.

He's going to die soon. Lots of things will be said about him for good or bad. I can't ignore his courage in service to our country.
I too used to entertain that argument about McCain. But no more. For ever day he spent in captivity in the past, he's hosed this country ten fold ever since. He wore through his war hero credibility some time back with me and is due no respect or compassion whatsoever. My only hope is that the voters of Arizona can find someone good to replace him. It would be hard to find anyone worse.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Here John knows he’s in a very, very, very precarious situation, and yet he’s still concerned about the state of the country,” Biden told the Times. “We talked about how our international reputation is being damaged and we talked about the need for people to stand up and speak out.”

I may puke!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Mighty presumptuous, he is, that he deserves the President at this funeral.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post