SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Turks boycott America by smashing their iPhones
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turks boycott America by smashing their iPhones Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have market smarts, I get that, but what does Turkey contribute to the world?

Dude how can you say that!? Just imagine the insanity in November if the boycott is still on!!

Ham just don't cut it with stuffing brah!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I saw a few videos the other day of them fellas burning US dollars. I cant seem to find my g.a.f.

I’m ok with this

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Does that mean the supply of Caniks is ending Big Grin

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Same mentality that drives people to burn down their own community to protest poor conditions. Not all cultures have equal value. Some cultures should be extinguished.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw a few videos the other day of them fellas burning US dollars. I cant seem to find my g.a.f.

No wonder the dollar's going up in value.
Less of them out there now. Supply and demand. Smile

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I don't have market smarts, I get that, but what does Turkey contribute to the world?

Space for military bases. But those are easy to move.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Turkey's Erdogan appoints his son-in-law as finance minister. 10 JULY 2018

"The announcement - and the absence of familiar, market-friendly ministers from the cabinet - helped to send the lira sharply lower."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/ne...aw-finance-minister/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Watch out! We have a savage here. $5

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9BxkB_1534528061

I wonder why he has that bandage on his thumb?

Idiot! "Lettuce" is just a slang term for money.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shotguns. Some of them pretty decent. CZ shotguns are Turkish, I think.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I knew numerous Turks while I was in grad school, back in the mid 2000s.

To a man and woman, every single one of them was worried about Erdogan as soon as he took power and every single one of them was worried about the country's backslide to Islamization.

At least some of them saw it coming years ago.

Not to insult your friends, but that didn't take Natradamus.

ITYM "Nostradamus."

Nope, it didn't. And, thanks to our wonderful press, how many of you heard rumblings about how that "coup attempt" a couple years ago was staged by Erdogan, himself, to give him a way to purge government of potential opposition and clear the way for giving him more control?

There's not a chance in hell Turkey ought to be allowed into the EU. Personally, I think they should be kicked out of NATO.

Turkey is no longer the secular democracy it was when it was admitted to NATO and began it's drive for membership in the EU. It's rapidly becoming an Islamic state run by a despot.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Remember when the Palestinians burned all those tires to send smoke into Israel?
The next day they demanded Isreal provide tires as they had none.
Want to bet the Turks will ask for aid to buy iPhones?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Great idea. I think anyone who’s mad at me should do so too. It’ll teach me a lesson.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Their currency is collapsing because Erdogan appointed his brother in law the finance minister.

It was already in decline, however his appointment basically cut the brake lines and sent them into free-fall.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
We will retaliate by burning our Ottomans!!!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I knew numerous Turks while I was in grad school, back in the mid 2000s.

To a man and woman, every single one of them was worried about Erdogan as soon as he took power and every single one of them was worried about the country's backslide to Islamization.

At least some of them saw it coming years ago.

Not to insult your friends, but that didn't take Natradamus.

ITYM "Nostradamus."

Nope, it didn't. And, thanks to our wonderful press, how many of you heard rumblings about how that "coup attempt" a couple years ago was staged by Erdogan, himself, to give him a way to purge government of potential opposition and clear the way for giving him more control?

There's not a chance in hell Turkey ought to be allowed into the EU. Personally, I think they should be kicked out of NATO.

Turkey is no longer the secular democracy it was when it was admitted to NATO and began it's drive for membership in the EU. It's rapidly becoming an Islamic state run by a despot.
I toured some of Turkey in 2006 and it was apparently a different place then--most women in common western clothes and everyone pretty polite to Americans. I even toured the Blue Mosque--a very interesting building--while worship was taking place. (We had to follow some simple rules, remove our shoes, and be quiet, but that was all.) I understand things are not so nice there now.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Someone should drop live turkeys from a helicopter into a crowd waiting below...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Someone should drop live turkeys from a helicopter into a crowd waiting below...

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
We will retaliate by burning our Ottomans!!!

LOL ! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many claims Asurion denied after these videos?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post