SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Turks boycott America by smashing their iPhones
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turks boycott America by smashing their iPhones Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
Okay so I mean, I can imagine in my imagination a point to where they'd be pissed that their currency is about to collapse. Sure, if I work hard enough I can get there I guess.

Do you really want to smash something you've already paid money for?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...ones-boycott-america

I guess there are two things I found fascinating enough to post this on SF:

1. One of the Turkish politicians goes to destroy an iPhone, what appears to be a cell phone store, and the phone falls into two pieces as it hits the ground. Clearly it has already been destroyed or it's a display model. This seems to be a metaphor for all of these "symbolic" videos that come from Islamic movements. Shucks, I've seen tons of pallywood videos and liveleak ISIS videos in the last year alone that are clearly staged. They drive the same truck past the camera over and over; or a guy with the same clothes is a corpse in one scene and a "first responder" in the next. There's even a video of two dozen innocent victims of some kind of Evil Israeli bombing, and the corpses can't stop scratching their faces under the shrouds that have been carefully draped over them. "HAKIM! STOP SCRATCHING YOUR BEARD!"

2. Islamic people smashing technology. Is it any wonder that any area of this planet, controlled by Islamic forces for any length of time, becomes a nasty desolate backwater location? Filthy and disgusting, devoid of progress and cleanliness?

Crazy people.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have one to check, but aren't I-phones made in China?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9147 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Turks boycott America by smashing their iPhones
They really showed us this time. How will we ever recover from this devastating blow? Roll Eyes

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
This thread... omg. haha.

https://twitter.com/mutludc/st.../1029915723785752576

They're pouring coke down the toilet, or better yet - a guy destroys his iPhone while his kid next to him is sitting there in a GAP t-shirt.

Yikes.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I saw a few videos the other day of them fellas burning US dollars. I cant seem to find my g.a.f.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smashing an iphone makes about as much sense as shooting up a Yeti cooler.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

They're pouring coke down the toilet, or better yet - a guy destroys his iPhone while his kid next to him is sitting there in a GAP t-shirt.

Yikes.

One of the better quotes...
"Wow I can’t believe Erdogan would force his people to get Android’s. Cruel"

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6312 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Well, AND, I heard a CBS Marketwatch blurb on my way into work early this week and the pundit tried to claim that the market was down on investor fears of Turkish uncertainty.

What the fuck does the market have to do with Turkey? At all?

I don't have market smarts, I get that, but what does Turkey contribute to the world?

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
What the fuck does the market have to do with Turkey? At all?

They buy iphones. Wink

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their currency is collapsing because Erdogan appointed his brother in law the finance minister.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Brilliant

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have market smarts, I get that, but what does Turkey contribute to the world?

Rugs.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
But IPhones are made in China. Confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Apple should use some of those videos for advertisement purposes. Looks like they take a lot of punishment before breaking. Big Grin

I wonder if they become pissed off at Japan, would they drive their Toyotas off of a cliff?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:

Yikes.

One of the better quotes...
"Wow I can’t believe Erdogan would force his people to get Android’s. Cruel"

Sounds like he's doing them a favor. Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I knew numerous Turks while I was in grad school, back in the mid 2000s.

To a man and woman, every single one of them was worried about Erdogan as soon as he took power and every single one of them was worried about the country's backslide to Islamization.

At least some of them saw it coming years ago.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Watch out! We have a savage here. $5

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9BxkB_1534528061

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Watch out! We have a savage here. $5

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9BxkB_1534528061

I wonder why he has that bandage on his thumb?

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
Smashing an iphone makes about as much sense as shooting up a Yeti cooler.

Hah!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I knew numerous Turks while I was in grad school, back in the mid 2000s.

To a man and woman, every single one of them was worried about Erdogan as soon as he took power and every single one of them was worried about the country's backslide to Islamization.

At least some of them saw it coming years ago.

Not to insult your friends, but that didn't take Natradamus.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post